The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just learned it was defective and it already shipped. This is my covid luck these days
I have a couple of the NOCO chargers and the G15000 can cope with the direct power draw of a fridge So it should work out fine, I have been running my fridge like that for the past week just doing power draw tests, so yours should work fine.

Last edited:

Molonlabemike

I have a couple of the NOCO chargers and the G15000 can cope with the direct power draw of a fridge So it should work out fine, I have been running my fridge like that for the past week just doing power draw tests, so yours should work fine.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Last edited:

svinyard

Sorry, but it's not something we've tried or recommend since it would likely mean a lot of dicey electronics hacking on a unit. :cry:

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+
@Dometic I didn't get an answer about the power issue I asked about.

1- Are newer CFX3 75DZ models able to be plugged into both AC & DC at the same time or will there just be a sticker saying that you can't do that?
2- Also, am I able to run an extension cord from my garage to the fridge to pre-cool it on AC before going camping? Also I want to do this at certain RV parks (inlaws camping...) and use the extension cord to run the fridge if need be.
3- The Warranty says 5yrs - is that 5yrs for everything on the fridge including the compressor as well? That'd be a pretty solid warranty.

Regarding Q #1, I spoke with a dealer who said that the CFX3 issue was fixed and that I could plug in both AC & DC at the same time. I tried to reach out to Dometic via phone but it required a dealer account #. I tried to contact you via a support ticket but never got a reply back. Please advise. Thank you!

Last edited:

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

1- Are newer CFX3 75DZ models able to be plugged into both AC & DC at the same time or will there just be a sticker saying that you can't do that?
2- Also, am I able to run an extension cord from my garage to the fridge to pre-cool it on AC before going camping? Also I want to do this at certain RV parks (inlaws camping...) and use the extension cord to run the fridge if need be.
3- The Warranty says 5yrs - is that 5yrs for everything on the fridge including the compressor as well? That'd be a pretty solid warranty.

Regarding Q #1, I spoke with a dealer who said that the CFX3 issue was fixed and that I could plug in both AC & DC at the same time. I tried to reach out to Dometic via phone but it required a dealer account #. I tried to contact you via a support ticket but never got a reply back. Please advise. Thank you!

Sorry for the delay. I took a little personal time off to get out into the woods and offline for a bit :cool:

1) Our owner's manuals have had guidance on not having both plugged in at the same time. The coolers in serial number range mentioned in the recall information will get a sticker making sure user's are aware of this guidance. The dealer you mentioned isn't correct. We don't recommend having AC and DC connected at the same time.

2) You can always use an extension cord when you need it. Just be sure to unplug the 12v side.

3) Here's a link to the CFX3 warranty details. It's a 5 year limited warranty. First three years covers parts, labor, and freight. The remaining two years covers compressor parts.

Hope this help answer some of the questions you had (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Dometic

I was unaware of this recall until today. I have now registered my Dometic fridge.

I bought a CFX3-55IM through REI in April, and haven't had any major problems with it. I'm only running it on DC with a Goal Zero Yeti 1000 watt power station (lithium battery) or AC in the house as a beer cooler. So I haven't had both power plugs in at the same time.

Thanks for registering relative to the recall. We just recommend that you choose either DC or AC and don't leave both plugged in.

I would like to get the CFX3-SLD55 fridge slide, but these are still not in stock anywhere. Dometic, do you have any updates on the slides?

The latest on the slides is that they now won't be available until late September. We'd hoped we would have them much earlier this year, but with the pandemic and it impacting various supply chains, they've kept getting bumped delivery-wise.
:(
:cry:

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

vomhorizon

Thanks for registering relative to the recall. We just recommend that you choose either DC or AC and don't leave both plugged in.

The latest on the slides is that they now won't be available until late September. We'd hoped we would have them much earlier this year, but with the pandemic and it impacting various supply chains, they've kept getting bumped delivery-wise.
:(
:cry:

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

If one is willing to look past the obvious design flaw discussed in the last couple of pages, does Dometic plan to offer a labor day promotion for their fridges in the US market? I'm currently looking to buy a fridge in the coming couple of weeks. The Engel I want is not sold in the US, and the NL I really like is on pre-order so I'm willing to consider a Dometic if they have a promotion running that puts some gap between their pricing and what one generally gets out of an Engel (5-10% discount) etc that don't suffer from an inability to keep both AC and DC sources plugged in. Also, what gauge wire is used for the DC wire? I plan on making an anderson plug connector as all my accesories connect via an anderson plug..

Dometic

If one is willing to look past the obvious design flaw discussed in the last couple of pages, does Dometic plan to offer a labor day promotion for their fridges in the US market? I'm currently looking to buy a fridge in the coming couple of weeks. The Engel I want is not sold in the US, and the NL I really like is on pre-order so I'm willing to consider a Dometic if they have a promotion running that puts some gap between their pricing and what one generally gets out of an Engel (5-10% discount) etc that don't suffer from an inability to keep both AC and DC sources plugged in. Also, what gauge wire is used for the DC wire? I plan on making an anderson plug connector as all my accesories connect via an anderson plug..

We're hoping to have a Labor Day sale that would include CFX3s, CF, and TC's. We have new inventory inbound, but we're trying to verify when we'll have stock available on these models.

In the meantime, we have launched a pre-Labor Day sale on a number of items that we do in stock: :D

• Free Shipping sitewide
  • CC’s Starting at $400 (CC32)
  • CC40 is $450 (normally $539)
  • 10% off Camp Equipment / Tents / Awnings / Truck Refrigerators
  • Patrol’s starting at $125 (Patrol 20)
  • Patrol 35 - $175 (normally $199.99)
  • Patrol 55 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 75 - $250 (save $50)
  • Patrol 105 - $300 ($50 off)
The above sale items will run through end of day September 12th.

We'll post up more info on other items as they are added to the sale (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

67cj5

Man On a Mission
We're hoping to have a Labor Day sale that would include CFX3s, CF, and TC's. We have new inventory inbound, but we're trying to verify when we'll have stock available on these models.

In the meantime, we have launched a pre-Labor Day sale on a number of items that we do in stock: :D

• Free Shipping sitewide
The above sale items will run through end of day September 12th.

We'll post up more info on other items as they are added to the sale (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

The CDF/CF range of Fridges are some of the best ever made, they are full on function all the way, No bells and whistles, Just Rock Solid performance, (y)

BlakeA

BTW - be sure to use the Expedition20 code during check out. It will save you an additional $25 on whatever you purchase (on sale or not).

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Will the CFX3 fridges offered for this sale still only work with one power source at a time plugged in?
If so, will they just have a sticker applied stating such?
Or...will they have been reworked for the use of two power plugs at one time?
Bought and registered my Cfx3 months ago. Still haven’t recieved a sticker.

townsat

So I just purchased a CFX3 55IM from REI not knowing about the recall. I noticed that the unit was packaged as new, but had some suspicious scuffs when I unboxed it. It has the warning sticker on it, saying it cannot be plugged into AC and DC at the same time. So I think that is Dometic's fix for this unit. I'm going to return it.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
So I just purchased a CFX3 55IM from REI not knowing about the recall. I noticed that the unit was packaged as new, but had some suspicious scuffs when I unboxed it. It has the warning sticker on it, saying it cannot be plugged into AC and DC at the same time. So I think that is Dometic's fix for this unit. I'm going to return it.
Good Idea, for the same money you can buy a fridge that does it all,

Dometic

We had to verify that new inventory was going to be coming in, but now that we have it confirmed, we're expanding our Pre-Labor Day Sale to include:

Sale is running now through September 12, 2020.
  • Free Shipping Sitewide
  • $100 off all CFX3s
  • 10% off all CFX3 accessories including the PLB40
  • 25% off CF and TC’s
Please note that the CFX3s will indicate "Out of stock" but you will be able to place a back order and get the discount. Orders placed will be shipped by September 15th.

PS - be sure to use the code below. You'll save another $25!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles