The Dobinsons MRR are here!

Kfog

My Dobinsons MRR kit for my GX has arrived from Australia last Friday, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm pulling off an OME medium duty kit, which I wasn't unhappy with, but wanted to run the product i'm selling.

I went with front MRR coilovers, rear MRR shocks, C59-314 front coils, and C59-325 rear. After unboxing the set, it appears i've made a GREAT choice. The packaging was nice, everything was where it was supposed to be and the reservoirs protected with a plastic cover.

Calipers confirm the 2.2" body on both main and reservoir for front and rear. Threads on coilovers were clean and the locking rings spun easily. It came with two spanner wrenches and all new hardware sans the top hat (expected). The resi hoses move freely at the fitting and have plenty of length for various mounting options. The lower stems are BEEFY and the powder coat/anodizing all look great. I was planning on installing them yesterday, but rain messed up my plans. Hopefully i'll be able to get it done this week.

Photo Jun 02, 7 57 46 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 02, 7 57 54 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 02, 7 58 38 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 03, 9 57 34 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 02, 7 29 20 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 02, 7 29 23 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 02, 7 29 36 PM.jpg

Nimitz

Patagucci Actual
I know it's shallow, but that color scheme was a deal breaker for me. It looks like lisa frank started an off road company.

Kfog

Got to like what you're putting on, it's different, I kinda dig it.

Rear MRR is installed and lookin' pretty. I intentionally kept it pretty close to the same as far as lift goes in the rear, and will level it out in the front with the coilovers. Install was easy peasy, took roughly 3 hrs (including some other mods I did while there). I used an existing threaded hole in the frame on the drivers side for the resi bracket, and self tapped the bracket on the passenger side. They'll probably be moved so I don't hit while flexing, but these spots were easy and I was le tired. I'm going to wrap the hoses with some spiral wrap for a little protection as well.

The back feels better, the overall ride is expectedly uneven with the nitro gas OME shocks up front. I'll make a full report on ride when the fronts are done.

Photo Jun 07, 7 19 27 AM.jpg

Kfog

The fronts are in! Install was simple, disconnected the sway bar and slid them in. I set the ride height to 8 3/8" on the drivers side and 8 1/2" on the passenger side to compensate for KDSS lean. I have some tweaking to do as i'm still 1/2" high on the drivers side, but that was expected.

I reused my old top hats, and slid the preset c/o's in. I installed the resis on top of the spring perch, I do need to verify there won't be any issues during flex and move if necessary, just needed to get back on the road this morning.

I really like the look, and the initial 30 miles the ride was awesome. MUCH nicer than the nitro kit I had on previously.

Photo Jun 09, 8 04 59 AM.jpg

Hagar

Observer
Hi Kfog

Pretty keen to hear some commentary on the ride quality of the MRR's. I'm about to pull the pin on a set for my Colorado but have been unable to find any feedback regarding on road ride quality. I have good feedback regarding off road however I would prefer not to have to comprise to much on the around town commuting aspect.

Cheers for any feedback

hagar

Kfog

Hi Kfog

Pretty keen to hear some commentary on the ride quality of the MRR's. I'm about to pull the pin on a set for my Colorado but have been unable to find any feedback regarding on road ride quality. I have good feedback regarding off road however I would prefer not to have to comprise to much on the around town commuting aspect.

Cheers for any feedback

hagar

So far it's been great, approximately 75 miles total since the post above. Not as harsh as a nitro kit, and it just floats over potholes/road imperfections. A significant upgrade over a standard gas shock kit.

Hagar

Observer
So far it's been great, approximately 75 miles total since the post above. Not as harsh as a nitro kit, and it just floats over potholes/road imperfections. A significant upgrade over a standard gas shock kit.

Cheers for the Feedback Kfog. Thinking these will soon be installed on my truck as well.

Kfog

Here's a profile shot from the beach this weekend, i'll work on getting some more this week.

Photo%20Jun%2018%2011%2015%2026%20AM_zpsgalg6dqj.jpg

JakeH

Adventurer
Can I get a brief explanation of the KDSS lean thing? We just bought a GX460 & I keep seeing this mentioned without any real explanation of what it is... The new shocks look great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles