The design as we go M-101A1 Trailer build

protohyp

Adventurer
Got a little break to cut off the behemoth hitch that the PO welded on. Still a lot to take off but just need to get the landing gear off so I can weld on my Lock N Roll hitch that I just ordered

a7yguba8.jpg

yzy4eneh.jpg

Thank god for Milwaukee tools as they make cutting less painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protohyp

Adventurer
btw if anyone wants these safety chains they're up for grabs. I also have the tail gate pins/chain and brackets. PM me and I'll give you details

silvrzuki77

explorer
Great hitch!! Love mine. Had to un hitch my trailer in a hurry to winch my dad out. Super fast to hook and unhook with ease.

protohyp

Adventurer
Great hitch!! Love mine. Had to un hitch my trailer in a hurry to winch my dad out. Super fast to hook and unhook with ease.

Yeah really looking forward to using it. Btw heading to mammoth for memorial for the maiden voyage. have some friends camping at clark mountain but possibly aiming for Mt Charleston for 4th of July. I'll let you know.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Sounds good, hope you have reservation! They shut alot of the campgrounds down and turned them into picnic areas, soo everything fills up quick. Let me know either way!

protohyp

Adventurer
ary9usup.jpg

ebuje5e9.jpg

pe7ubeze.jpg

aga7aqyn.jpg

She's finally out on the road. Not sitting as level as I'd like it too but should be an easy fix. Giving her a whirl to see how she handles unloaded.

protohyp

Adventurer
She is finally register/vin'd and PTI'd. ready to roll...Next on the list before seattle trip is wiring the pump and mounting water tank and Eccotemp water heater. I still have yet to weld a spare tire holder in. Spare is strapped to A-frame for now. Otherwise 5 months of the build is coming close to an end. So excited that it's finally here. Here is to happy expeditions!

protohyp

Adventurer
Please post a picture of the new tongue mount.

Will do once I get her reconnected again but I just welded the lock n roll plate directly under the Lunette ring hole on the landing gear unit. Had to shave a 1/4" off each side of the plate since it wouldn't fit through the a-frame when reinstalling the landing gear

protohyp

Adventurer
qe8una9e.jpg

zyqu8e7a.jpg

Rebuilt my power box because the other one was just too big. This is way more power than we need because we only are powering the motor to open and close the trailer and a few LED's and the soon to be connected water pump. Nothing else planned as far as power but maybe and ARB fridge but that would go in the truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

protohyp

Adventurer
Please post a picture of the new tongue mount.

Here you go mark

e3umu4yd.jpg

I'll be beefing up the front A frame later but this will do for now. I haven't tested articulation yet with the trailer but this maiden voyage will be campground only and no boondocking. Hopefully we will have some back road trips in July.

Anyway off to mammoth lakes this afternoon. We will see how she battles semi's passing by on the 395!

protohyp

Adventurer
re3uryby.jpg

susymyzy.jpg

Arrived around 1:00 am at our destination and first night in the camper was awesome. No surprises or issues. Slept like a baby.

She tracked really well behind my truck and remained quiet when semi's came whizzing by.

Got a few honks and stares and lots of questions at the gas station.

Anyway here is to an awesome memorial weekend. Everyone please be safe out there and have fun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles