The Cargo Condo

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
And no trip is complete without a stop by Devil's Backbone brewery on the way home!

attachment.php

Looks great behind the truck! :drool:

Last edited:

CLynn85

Explorer
What size is that window on the door side?

16x14. Was the largest I could fit between the studded walls. I wanted to get something in there for ventilation/light but not take up too much space since we're still undecided on interior layout.

CLynn85

Explorer
Not too much to update, too busy working to accomplish much, but we have managed to spend a couple more weekends in it. I haven't posted many interior shots because, well, it's not done yet, but here's what I have done to date.

Installed a NORCOLD 60qt fridge in a temporary spot until we get our front counter/cabinets installed.

IMG_20140808_125448_077.jpg

Picked up some closeout 12x36" cabinets from lowes for some storage above the bed.

IMG_20140808_125536_274.jpg

We were upgrading one of our beds in the house so the old full size mattress replaced the air mattress in the back. Still a temp solution but works for now until I get a fold-up bed designed. Also has lots of room for storage underneath and is perfect for a pair of roughneck tote bins side by side.

IMG_20140808_125729_271.jpg

orangeTJ

Explorer
Good call on the need for a side door.

I had a 5x8 in 2012 which I only used for cargo hauling. I outgrew it, got annoyed by the lack of a side door and sold it 5 months later.

Your project reminds me of my similar project back in 1993, before it was commonplace to convert a cargo trailer in to a camp rig.

uscg2008

Explorer
Well I guess I got to start following this build too since I'm about to start a conversion of my 6x10 with Rv side door and ramp rear door. I already have some stuff piling up, a 99" cvt awning, blue seas fuse panel and a couple accessories, a temporary battery, and some outside lights

CLynn85

Explorer
So my camper ADD strikes again, because we just brought home a new-to-us 2004 Sportsmobile. Unfortunately, that means the trailer has to go :(. So if anyone is looking for a 5x10 trailer with a window, insulated walls, and roof vent, pm me.

20141111_091127.jpg

20141112_142133.jpg

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hey Carl! Been a while. Can't believe you sold the Ambo, but the new project look great! Hope all is well bud! :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior