The Big O JKUR build thread

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
Yep that's what I found too. Oddly enough however, Treaddepot shows the weight as 67.60 pounds, but the BFG and Tirerack sites show 71 pounds. The 315/70/17 Duratrac weighs 60 pounds, but I was able to remove the spacers which weighed close to 5 pounds each. Switching from the factory Rubicon wheels, Spidertrax spacers and 315 Duratracs to the AEV wheels and 37 KO2 was only a net increase of around 7 pounds. Not bad for a full 2" larger tire.

Nice build........ BUT..... Holy Bat Crap Robin.....!!! What wheel spacers were you running that weighed 5lbs each....?

I run 34/10.5017 KO2's

MTSN

Explorer
Nice build........ BUT..... Holy Bat Crap Robin.....!!! What wheel spacers were you running that weighed 5lbs each....?

I run 34/10.5017 KO2's

Spidertrax - they weigh 4.2 pounds a piece. I can't imagine there are spacers out there that are lighter. Are you running spacers?

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
That's awesome actually. exactly what I am looking for. what about distance? got an estimate for how far down the road they go?

Just shy of my trucklite high beams. But I've since reaimed them. Theoretically the TruckLites should go farther since their reflected off a mirror. Mine are the 7" 105w (21x5w led) version.

zigsrig

Adventurer
I need to catch up with you in person to check these out.. My light bar is collecting water (not sure when it started, perhaps the last blizzard as I drive through it...) and I'm not sure how long it will last.

If these lights have more output than my bar, it might be worth switching to..

The Jeep is looking good!

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I need to catch up with you in person to check these out.. My light bar is collecting water (not sure when it started, perhaps the last blizzard as I drive through it...) and I'm not sure how long it will last.

If these lights have more output than my bar, it might be worth switching to..

The Jeep is looking good!

In theory, they should. Each is 96-105w x2 of them. Should be around 9000 theoretical lumens each. They're just a lot more directional so it's not quite as impressive of a spread as a light bar. I think both would be ideal. Someone like this in from of the winch and a slim 20" lightbar on your hoop.

I used mine with my trucklite headlights driving from Ridgecrest to Panamint Valley (beside death valley) late at night. This is one of the darkest places in the country driving 65mph on windy two lane roads. The ARB clones definitely helped the high beams light up the path in front of the car. Once off-road and trying to find a dispersed campsite, a combo beam would have helped a lot because you could see directly in front of the jeep really well. But not much off to the sides. I know the HID guys often run one spot and one flood. That might work well if you could find someone selling them solo.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just shy of my trucklite high beams. But I've since reaimed them. Theoretically the TruckLites should go farther since their reflected off a mirror. Mine are the 7" 105w (21x5w led) version.

Ok, scratch that. NOT what I am looking for, My hid hella 500s on, you cannot tell my truck lites are there. I will stick with them thanks for the honest review.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Ok, scratch that. NOT what I am looking for, My hid hella 500s on, you cannot tell my truck lites are there. I will stick with them thanks for the honest review.

I'll have to retest now that I aimed them better. But my impression was that they didn't blow the Trucklites away. The 17" 100w light bar I had on my 100-series seemed brighter. But also keep in mind that MTSN and I have different lights.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yes. I know. But, I still feel the led lights can't do what I want. My friend who has two rigids on his truck, a 20" and 30" and myself were side by side and once mine heated up after a couple of seconds his dissapeared too. Good comparison since led is really blue colored compared to my more traditional colored hids. Mine just over powered the rigid bars. Best part is the price. Mere pennies compared to the expensive led bars.

emkay

Observer
I was intrigued by the thread floating around here about the ARB LED light knock offs for cheap, and I decided to give a set a shot since I don't really care if they aren't the highest quality lights in the world. I just wanted something with some extra throw beyond the JW Speaker head/fog lights, and I won't be using these frequently since I live in the city and don't wheel often at night. I got the set shipping for about 7% of the cost of the ARBs - yes basically a 93% discount off what the ARBs retail for! :Wow1: I feel like somewhat of a poser since this is obviously a knock off, but I'm not going to pay close to the same for the lights as I did for the whole front bumper and winch including professional installation!

I don't know if these are in fact the same lights from the same factory where the ARBs come from, but I can tell you there are extremely heavy and appear to be very well made. The shipping weight was 18 pounds, so they are definitely solid. The brackets and mounting bolts are nice and come with allen keys to adjust the lights, and clear covers were included too. I will post back some more thoughts after I get to use them in the dark and will post pics of the light pattern.

3kucAS3pBOb1TD6SiWZf_vrE-eqk3vjylMkl-hxsBySzMD36OpU_FejdJ-1PJQNBtG-Y6C2DMkoz_RHmIAgjiRL0jX7Q2W5XScYsgtj7T0Vo4EIC98iUuGLocliPjsjQDyIMyHn05LTLGn-O0b9CHfCFTrI_EQOOUmA-g8Ui-zoItFbSmHnClmGiXeFShtRkMh7jHGe2_l_1GO8FCZrVy64OInjHR00BLIH0pK-0XOMFbvQbgVo8Szx7wp0mQXdrQCmvJ77YwFSu2ZdFt0gmdl8_mV7_ddSEqkocMjaOR1X53A5cNt8qCmm4NAiZJ4-S7FDc-cJDFeNemzzoE2hFPfaMzCbouT3Q6AMWAAI7j-deHTbUIm98sMp-d6LRQcF7Ribq8WHisYUyRcCCvODDBlItsreqyGQezXdvXuIWP1q14Su9jjkbbrFneFli3mzBL4vUhT0430-V352TaagqOGmPGYotUqWxeiSohBExtROR9lmogBfHynJ-6CztRtATGHgOB_9uMxrX_ys5PCWgdkMPdrBN1sOj0pN1GINvaSJxk0RSsZFCD3Gftus75vwAtd2L=w876-h657-no

oRdepGzk1F8S12VWgxUDUeq3ztvJ261bzZpDcyvCNnF8Lgro1qG8K_JjNRdaQOhnf2ievGcNc5oJ04lw9FkQFlm6HOpsavqhAAaB4LIlxsmmDi7aVxXM84hU38BZtTr7h8Rkt2VFHMy064aB3XnyPv_C0u9c_UY8pf-U7W0tUIgZoIUQQEVCMTHVUXMjJTTetkb1NMDhvCrrYuXQsVA1tqbFAFroMLrV_vfZVMKLYOE1W9bwvdA9GiRjUaVl_yNlZbNPDMYBBi35ehiUkmkvIbKRJjKyQZrGEYVqdv5SpD7a9yJN2FzPyiFlGghN1DZWIN1rFzHVeOAEwRaI-STv8nH6yc3dR_V8VJ-atVE3hEPdTgsG-3lG_culnhsFE-4dxdM1NASCsANFQQ-P0AHD3C9CGhDaZ_phljYXq1KruQFFTFYT5IrtALKg1E4ZP4be06tz099gx8Y1U0aVWNwporZhiDiMSh8rqqh-5xgO1C7ekhRu7oUgyHu2cpGZZEdtLl0-CQODpSycq3vc2WpqV6S0BSQUV-0bY02WIQJ0_xsoTr5NESSKSJxWaJ7Qv_BCl4R8=w493-h657-no

where did you get those lights, looking very good!!

MTSN

Explorer
Not so much of a Jeep build item, but I add a new air compressor to the tool kit. I had the Viair 88P for a few years which I've really liked, but it was taking a while to fill the 37s and was getting extremely hot. I upgraded to the Viair 450p, and I must say it's a very nice piece of kit. It comes in a large, sturdy canvas bag that has zippers, pockets and a fold over flap that holds all the gear plus some extra stuff. It comes with a quick fill gun with inline pressure gauge on a quick disco and 30' of coiled air hose with a quick disco to the compressor and alligator clips to the battery.

It runs extremely quiet and with a lack of vibration compared with most other compressors I've used. The 88P actually moves across the ground when you turn it on due to vibration, but this one stays put with it's wide and sturdy base. I decided to test the speed today refilling my tires in Moab after a day of wheeling, and it took 3 minutes and 21 seconds to take the 37" KO2 from 15 psi to 30 psi which is what I run on the street. To make that a little more interesting, that was actually the third tire I had filled up, so it had already been in use for a while and was at operating temperature. The compressor essentially fills tires at the same speed even after being on for a while which is likely due to the efficiency and 100% duty cycle. The only thing that takes a while with the kit is taking it out of the case and connecting the hoses and battery clamps - once you get going it's fast. One shocking part about the test is the compressor stayed very cool throughout and was not very hot to the touch after filling 4 tires. The 88P gets much hotter and doesn't have it's own case which makes putting it back the Jeep somewhat precarious after it's been running a while (especially if used to fill 2 Jeeps).

Here is the what the setup looks like:

FbZ7ciH7Bojf8zthnzcC7dbOrZ-Ke_sPwAqnfr3oz7i2FKeiI962ApYgVjCog3MYaplFb9dsPJKHIxj-kR0ptliS_I3E0xwAuPSPa8ODTvOdh7jEehwQ4uLMxfSPgk8jVQmXgGqvRshN94ky3wtueuZtct1mzR6Wsk-A9IJBBBeyrCwgi5e-wiwCkba5RhDPluAko-xT4KjHz4hspw0yBJKz387xUggYOvbLh0Fin1kQJRKg9DNUihyEHzUyoERa3_UkS6qxOptjCuj6m2H1y-jx3AtbXm-2XgUI58eL-_CPfHFgeQX3V61IJUOvq1dq6ut4VfdNic6P3eDgEw_xYmgRlqLiplNQ8OqzvqvW3itneZYcMU3xt5V6k72ksOI7ISVZj9F6M3ayd-NQU-V6EX0qdksiYB49Fnl5wfp_uWzfY7aaBtMs4gpD7RK1XdMfpTrUXhMdTef4zJtkFPzMFGzZBJ2SLOKOYiL_-87244DuSsHOMK9ELVAgihTZRby_SIBfRL3F13AQec0-VgvxvDhyrbPoFxzgMBgM_oYg_-9nGxaCtTJNk_UXktaO5tdlF2CU=w876-h657-no

And here is my solution to the only complaint I have so far. With the 88P, you can screw the fill hose onto the valve stem and walk away, but the 450P has the gun you have squeeze the handle on to keep it inflating. I have bad knees and a bad back, so it's not ideal to crouch down for long periods of time. I took one of my wife's hair tie rubber band things, and it worked perfect to keep the gun engaged! So I basically just the rubber band on the gun and do other stuff for 3 minutes or so until it's done filling.

bKttv_Ri_5l1rlitxHcLaJ2eWASwywWq0mQOZ_IMJcFyi5Qfh9DPWZpvc_5W6G26e851yFPNtns_XGfS5ymjCoHl0rl6d5I17k8Qssj0FSiEZi9r7TDwsnKAsiocyVbSFx8aZT9dJRuGXZ7ulzkq0K0poQnaoxW-GaNbQ5c62GwIcrRW09l9IUm3HBwr5f1MuabKRMzDmavmDK9ZqeXyolYTaKqx5_0FR7yKbl5VUGG8jvGONlzyh6zWavmzMnMkBFne15ulJB7aLHFGMDiZDpGruBdnifc-wBglUnoDS7E4_drgxapZMld_XoSAkGYRlb1mDJW6PLC9lxDBcEFgPI5UXyVHhYmoWIAspLFdvGRZIn8kvN3vQKdyL68MwsUlYv99aSJ6kXsYfmwFDToMYJE-gynxxgsBuhcohupGhzFIYvfLcE19-n74pgNVtVF93RCoBkSvgUAIjFh5FLgq0mvQudSAtuJSTbfCF_QMzO2t9PuW8UzBR0Ah_zDDZz1iEZnYTg2B_OBIOy3ZlKmM6DQSSBCtE8DlTHmaoltH6VUwoUpEI92Yzs5ul8QfqgQ9iftn=w493-h657-no

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Couldn't see the pictures, but I know that is a very nice pump. :beer:
I was looking at these for doing a set of twins as an OBA on another rig, with a 5 gallon tank. They have a great reputation. Should serve you for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior