The best camping pillow I've found...

briferg

Observer
I like twist memory foam pillow, its small, compact and very comfortable
I took a memory foam pillow car camping once to one of the Overland Expo's, I found out when it got cold, the foam got hard. The next day I bought a Nemo Fillo inflatable from one of the vendors. It isn't inexpensive, but I have had it for 5 years and I use it all the time. When not camping it makes a great rest for my laptop when I am sitting watching TV. It keeps my lap from getting hot too. It has some elastic on one side that you can jam a jacket or something to make it more full.
https://www.nemoequipment.com/product/fillo/

CSG

Explorer
When I was younger, I bought a Thermarest stuff sack designed to hold something like a down jacked and make a pillow with it. I got it out last night and tried to stuff my North Face Nuptse into it. Too firm. Tried stuffing it into a Marmot sleeping bag stuff sack. Too firm. The down pillows from home in real pillow cases? Just right.

mmp3823

Observer
I have done several different things over the years (coat, clothes in stuff sack, slumberjack pillow...). We recently got these Klymit pillows when Costco had them on sale and we love them. They are inflatable so you can inflate it to your desired firmness and then the cover is very soft. They pack up smaller than my old slumberjack did and take up almost no room.
https://www.klymit.com/luxe-pillow.html

DCH109

Adventurer
For years backpacking I either used a shirt stuffed with softer cloths, or a jacket put in my tent stuff sack or sleeping bag stuff sack. Never had any issues other than wrinkled cloths.

Now that I am older, wiser and have a RTT, I use a real pillow.

Reactions: WVI

RyanT

For a long time I was into backpacking only and would use a thermarest compressible pillow that I bought in the late 90's.

Now that I'm using my truck to camp I bring a couple pillows from home.

this is where I'm at. also double airbed and foam topper. truth be told though, wife doesn't come that often, so I'm usually going lighter...

nwoods

Expedition Leader
NEMO Fillo is pretty comfy, but even though I have one, I usually just bring the pillow off my bed to go camping with.

There a few sizes/types of the Fillo these days: LINK
1674684993944.png

samsari

I don't like bringing my house pillow, not because I don't like but because I don't want a stinky smokey pillow when I get home and have to wash it before I sleep that night. Instead I use a Klymit pillow like others have said they use. I wrap it with a T shirt for a pillow case and I'm completely comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles