The best adventure travel boots.

MarcusBrody

I find that my very favorite all around travel "boots" are low cut alpine approach shoes. Basically low cut hiking boots. They're lighter than boots, but tougher than trail runners and stiffer and supportive underfoot. I appreciate that as I frequently carry a ~35 pound pack. I wouldn't jog in them or go through deep snow (without gaiters), but for "who knows what the day will bring" footwear, they're hard to beat.

I personally use Millet Tridents. Similar are Salewa's Mountain Trainer (which I just couldn't get to work with the tongue, but they're beautifully made shoes).

When I do need real boots, I use Salewa Crows, which are light mountaineering/trekking boots. They're tough, but very light for what they are and very supportive of my ankles if I want that. I wear them for most of my winter hiking and their nice when you want to be able to put the edge of your boot down and know it is stiff enough to hold. They also take semi-auto crampons, though I rarely use them as my microspikes are generally all i need. Overall, though, I choose the shoes more often.

perterra

Adventurer
I have fallen arches and it's very hard to find a comfortable shoe, but this is one of the most comfortable I've found. I love the versatility of the straps which makes it so easy to get the shoe on and off and to adjust the heel to my foot. I like my OrthoFeet shoes so much that I just bought a pair of dress shoes so I can be comfortable all the time!

But they are so damn ugly

MarcusBrody

But they are so damn ugly

I didn't notice before I replied, but I'm pretty sure it's a spam account bumping any thread related to footwear. Oh well, I hadn't seen it before so I found it interesting to see what other people wear. There's more variety than the other things I do where it's very clear what kind of shoe/boot is necessary.

perterra

Adventurer
I didn't notice before I replied, but I'm pretty sure it's a spam account bumping any thread related to footwear. Oh well, I hadn't seen it before so I found it interesting to see what other people wear. There's more variety than the other things I do where it's very clear what kind of shoe/boot is necessary.

Pretty sure it is, just wondered if I would get a response. LOL

luckyjoe

Adventurer
I don't think that Zamberlan makes anything in a 14, let alone a 14 wide.

Bill - Zamberlan offer a 14 wide last only on the 996 Vioz. I’ve tried just about every other brand I could find, and this is the most comfortable boot I’ve ever owned. No other 14 even came close, and the first six mile hike was pure bliss!

Tom

A_anu

https://www.instagram.com/descubiendourantia/?hl=e
Hi, I use Salomon and Iowa, I am very happy with the result. regards

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I love my Keen Durands, they are possibly the most comfortable boot I have ever owned. My biggest complaint is that I wish they would make them without the waterproof membrane. I even convinced my wife to try them and she loves them as well. We both would rather do without the waterproof version here in the desert.

Jack

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yeah, I had Hermans in middle school and they were great for camping and hiking. They were like Danners back in the day. Now they're plastic-fantastic Asian crud.
Shame.

dcg141

Adventurer
I love Danner 453 GTX hiking boots. I'm hard on boots and wear them every day. The 453's are the only boot I can get more than a couple of years out of. They have to be one of the best sub $200 boots made for durability and comfort. That being said I would love to try a set of Kenetrek hikers. I'm just not sure at nearly double the price they would outlast the 453's. Also the 453's are lighter. 3.1 lbs for a full leather goretex hiker and under $200..hard combo to beat.

CSG

Explorer
I haven't tried a lot of different boots these past years because when I found Merrill Moabs, I found what I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles