The "Az Crew" Thread

Prescott

Observer
Maybe sometime this year I will be able to make it out to SOMETHING so I can meet some of you guys. Life has been hectic this first few months of 2016 and Im just now getting back to building the motor. Got the heads together today and working on the bottom end today and tomorrow. Hopefully sooner then later I will be getting back out and getting it dirty again.

PS: Still looking for another 3.5

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Maybe sometime this year I will be able to make it out to SOMETHING so I can meet some of you guys. Life has been hectic this first few months of 2016 and Im just now getting back to building the motor. Got the heads together today and working on the bottom end today and tomorrow. Hopefully sooner then later I will be getting back out and getting it dirty again.

PS: Still looking for another 3.5

You'll get there one day dude.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Anyone who would would like to join me friday i'm down to meet up in jerome i'll be having breakfast at the mine cafe that morning, as far as meet up times go i'll be there early like 7-8 but i understand that maybe a bit early for some but i really would like to be on the trail by at least 10 am, I have a full main trail planned for the day along with some side exploring to do should be a pretty fun day seems like most of the group will be in camp late friday so there will be no rush for us.
Hey Lord, do they have cell service in those areas? Thinking about meeting you there..I'll be coming from Joshua Tree National Park,CA with a caravan, but they know I'm going to meet up with you crazy AZ folks. Maybe I could call you? See where you're at?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Ryan, all of us except for pat, are leaving after work.

So far the plan for myself and clay, is to meet at his place around 5pm, hopefully he's pretty much ready to roll. Probably go top off on fuel and then hit the highway. Clay lives off of union hills and 19 Ave basically.

Johnny, we can still plan on delaying a bit for you and jorge as well. We could say meet up at carefree hwy chevron at about 6pm?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
I'm going to ask that they not give me a heavy day on Friday so I'll definitely be available by 6 on Friday at the Chevron. Ryan, glad to hear you're going. Seems like I haven't seen you in forever.

John B.

DezRacer25

If anyone is interested… 5/20 we are headed to Expo via apache trail, road to pines…then across the rim to Clint well… 100+ miles on dirt… bout a 10 hour tour…. 8:30am meet up at gold field, 9am Breakfast burros in Tortilla flat…… Join up if interested.. Once we get to young we will flip the coin to go FR or 260 thru Payson depending on time & off path exploration….. lots O' stuff along the way to explore… End up at Expo for happy hour & camp!

I got friday off would like to join up with you for a fun trip.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I got friday off would like to join up with you for a fun trip.

All are welcome DEZ…. We may try to wheeze in on the AZ Crew camp as the OE campground is sold out… "pre-swamped out" actually… they are not allowing anymore on site camping until they are for sure OK with the area not becoming a bog like last year… weather looks good there & it most likely will dry out… I'd like to stay there if it is open so I can wander via my buzz into strangers camp to & from the lodge but if we can't camp there I am willing to get drunk & sleep in Juhnny B's rig too!

Oh where outh this mystical camp spot sir Johnny B?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Amphibeater, the trail to camp starts along the highway south of Flagstaff that descends into Oak Creek Canyon (89A) but starts before that overlook that is at the edge of the Rim. The trail heads west from the highway on FRS 535 as near as I can tell from the map that was sent to me/my crappy equipment/my failing eyes. It be branchin' off from that a couple of times, too. I'll try to send you a copy of the link I got for the map.

John B.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I've been up there, lots of great spots, eventually if you work back far enough you end up at an overlook that overlooks the tourist overlook and also the canyon. it's neat.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Nobody's posting about this weekend because it was so awesome and if you missed out there will be a void in your life you will strive to fill for years to come. Good luck.

Thanks to all who participated; good times.

John B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles