The "Az Crew" Thread

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Overland expo is in 2 weeks, for those who would like to join. The plan is to camp out several miles back off of forest rd 535, which is a few miles south of flagstaff, towards the oak creek area.
Then head back to camp saturday afternoon for our own festivities. Pack up sunday and head home. It will be a fast trip up but it's usually a grand time. Let me know if you are interested in going, I can text you the map clay or pat made. Those who want to camp and not attend the expo are welcome to.

In, one way or another, just to camp. For once. We've had two serious break-downs combined with really crappy weather and are in need of a great camp site to just finally hang out at. Please send me a map.

John B.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I'm thinking about bringing the van up to camp. I think I've been down FR535 before and it's decent for a 2wd with all terrain tires, yeah?

Amphibeast

Adventurer
If anyone is interested… 5/20 we are headed to Expo via apache trail, road to pines…then across the rim to Clint well… 100+ miles on dirt… bout a 10 hour tour…. 8:30am meet up at gold field, 9am Breakfast burros in Tortilla flat…… Join up if interested.. Once we get to young we will flip the coin to go FR or 260 thru Payson depending on time & off path exploration….. lots O' stuff along the way to explore… End up at Expo for happy hour & camp!

lordtrunks

camp loser
I'll too will be heading up friday the 20th but i'll be starting in jerome and from there will be all dirt to camp i'm guessing pajero and akclay will end up in camp late friday night i think i'm gonna spend most of the day taking side trails and exporing off my main trail plan so i may also end up in camp after dark.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
If you cant make LT's side tour friday morning, you can still head into camp after work with us guys who couldnt give THE MAN, the finger to get friday off. Sounds like a big group coming out if all end up making it. And yes, a car could make it to camp, last I recall, but it's been a few years.

lordtrunks

camp loser
Anyone who would would like to join me friday i'm down to meet up in jerome i'll be having breakfast at the mine cafe that morning, as far as meet up times go i'll be there early like 7-8 but i understand that maybe a bit early for some but i really would like to be on the trail by at least 10 am, I have a full main trail planned for the day along with some side exploring to do should be a pretty fun day seems like most of the group will be in camp late friday so there will be no rush for us.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
I'll be camping that weekend with a buddy near Sedona, testing out an old camper we plan on taking up to Idaho this summer, but will see you guys at the Expo on Saturday!

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Shovel, are you going camping with us next weekend? How about you, Toast? C'mon, this is the quintessential early summer get-away-together-thing!

There will be fire!

John B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles