The "Az Crew" Thread

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Give the details jb. I might be up for a camp out. Pat and I have talked wheeling this weekend, but nothing concrete yet.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Give the details jb. I might be up for a camp out. Pat and I have talked wheeling this weekend, but nothing concrete yet.

Not leaving until Sat. morning at 9. Head to Cottonwood, then north on 89A, I'll need to contact my "source" for better directions (stay tuned) but it's on the east side of the road, trail is short, crosses Oak Creek and the camp site is right there. There's enough of a challenge that it keeps passenger cars out, but that's about it. Will report back soon.

John B.

monte3

Endeavor
Found you guys...

So I spoke w/ JBFP, and he mentioned camping in my "Neck of the woods", and this site.
I hope to meet up on Saturday, the location is off of N SR 89A, across from the Sedona wastewater treatment plant; FSR # 9845A
Only about 20 minutes from my house...

Last edited:

lordtrunks

camp loser
shovel i've got all the videos still on the sd card in the gopro so no problem there now just gotta find the gopro, then taco time:sombrero:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Hell yeah dude! Just don't apply the cost of swapping the diesel or owning it and enjoy the Diesel MPG's. Not that offroad rigs and money savings go together at all ha ha ha!

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
So I spoke w/ JBFP, and he mentioned camping in my "Neck of the woods", and this site.
I hope to meet up on Saturday, the location is off of N SR 89A, across from the Sedona wastewater treatment plant; FSR # 9845A
Only about 20 minutes from my house...

Thank you! This is the campsite trail, just follow it until you cross the creek, then it ends and well, there you are. Is it "cool?" I don't know. I like it.

John B.

RyanY

Adventurer
I was actually considering it until the rear end in my Montero broke yesterday. When the driveshaft is turning but the vehicle isn't moving, something's wrong. Oh, and getting it home was a challenge as well - 4HLC and a front Aussie locker on dry pavement makes for some interesting driving.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
We're on a mission all right. Not so sure it's "from God," though...

John B.

As long as this "god" thing doesn't take the forum or thread off topic. At which point I can post up a link to a mythology forum to discuss the existance of the some 3,000+ "gods" that have come and gone over the years and their impact on human society.

RyanY

Adventurer
That's not only bad news, Ryan, that's plain weird. Keep us posted on what you find in there.

John B.

Broken driver's side axle shaft, right at the bearing collar. I'm certain this is directly related to the lame machine shop that broke all kinds of stuff trying to take the axle shaft apart so I could replace 2 damaged wheel studs (thanks Discount Tire). Although it's been 12 years since, I'll bet they damaged the shaft somehow and created a stress riser that eventually cracked the axle completely through. Now I just need to locate a replacement shaft - anybody local got any leads?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles