The "Az Crew" Thread

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
We can meet you there, BF'er, but south "rim" only; the north side is too far of a drive. I have been on Toasty's Fath-in-law's bicycle races as a trail monitor and I know of some decent camp sites near the south forest boundary entrance. Plus, we have to revisit the Rug Road trail, head in the reverse way and claim us a camp site in the Aravaipa area so George can push you in the fire again.

The rest of you camping-making-excuses-lame-o's better get in line. Toasty. Not naming names...

John B.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Let me know when you guys are going to hit up rug road next. I'm down for a trip up there with yous fellers.

Bottomfeeder

Observer
I haven't been on speaking terms with George. His brothers Jack and Jim have been quite friendly though.

Where is Rug Road Trail?

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Rug Road starts along the middle of the trail to Copper Creek, right about where we stopped one night and saw a couple of small foxes and a tarantula, if that means anything to your memory.. It runs north by north-west to Klondyke, which looks close on a map but the trail seems to take forever, but maybe it was Mr Busch talking. It's pretty cool.

Meanwhile, Tire Rack had BFG take a look at the 35x12.5-15 M/T they picked up to inspect. Because the tread showed signs of chipping from "driving on unimproved roads," there will be no credit issued. So, basically, BFG says that you can use their mud terrain tires off road, but they'll delaminate on you when you try to get home. That's a bunch of cr@p.

John B.

RyanY

Adventurer
Meanwhile, Tire Rack had BFG take a look at the 35x12.5-15 M/T they picked up to inspect. Because the tread showed signs of chipping from "driving on unimproved roads," there will be no credit issued. So, basically, BFG says that you can use their mud terrain tires off road, but they'll delaminate on you when you try to get home. That's a bunch of cr@p.
John B.

So BFG won't warranty a problem with their off-road tire if you actually take it off road? That sounds like something the entire forum should be made aware of.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
So BFG won't warranty a problem with their off-road tire if you actually take it off road? That sounds like something the entire forum should be made aware of.

I included that fact in my communication with Tire Rack. Also of note, the tire did not fail off road, it came apart on the freeway and at above 30 psi, i.e., normal inflation pressure.

John B.

PA_JERO

Adventurer

This is why I buy warranty through discount tire, it's a little more expensive but I don't have to deal with crap like this. I just take a tire with a torn sidewall or blown out tire, they just roll it in the bay and have me out of there with a brand new tire at a new warranty price of $35 bucks.

On the other hand though, I've never been happy with the km2's. They are junk compared to there old mudders. I tore 1 old m/t and no old a/t and supposedly all new bfg is suppose to be stronger sidewalls. I've blown out 4 km2's in a shorter time then all my other 10 year old dry rotted tires. What a bunch of crap that is. At least at this rate I won't ever have to buy another 35" km2 again, I'll just keep blowing them up little by little and warranty them durn things.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
Apparently "Brittany" at Tire Rack decided this was worthy of some extra attention and my tire is being sent back to BFG for further inspection. They had me fill out a form and send back to them with my name and VIN. It will take 2-4 weeks before I hear anything, so I'll let this stew for now.

John B.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
This is why I buy warranty through discount tire, it's a little more expensive but I don't have to deal with crap like this. I just take a tire with a torn sidewall or blown out tire, they just roll it in the bay and have me out of there with a brand new tire at a new warranty price of $35 bucks.

On the other hand though, I've never been happy with the km2's. They are junk compared to there old mudders. I tore 1 old m/t and no old a/t and supposedly all new bfg is suppose to be stronger sidewalls. I've blown out 4 km2's in a shorter time then all my other 10 year old dry rotted tires. What a bunch of crap that is. At least at this rate I won't ever have to buy another 35" km2 again, I'll just keep blowing them up little by little and warranty them durn things.

Yikes, you're making me worry about my KM2s! What tire have you found to be a better replacement?

lordtrunks

camp loser
that kid had to rough out that "jaunt" haha

I'd be down for turkey creek amazing place that most wouldn't you'd find here plus dwellings to check out.

You'd think bfg would have beefed up the km'2 by now ever since they came out they've had bad reviews when i comes to sidewall strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles