The "Az Crew" Thread

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
IncorpoRatedX you'll wanna read this its for a landrover but the diesel pump design is the same VE tpe like ours.

going to the 4d56 pump from the 4d55 pump pretty much does the stuff this article covers since the 4d56 pump has a larger plunger(10mm vs 9mm)you can put the 4d56 turbo on the 4d55 aswell, just for reference the 4m40 has an 11mm plunger and you can swap the timing gears between the pumps
http://www.stonefisk.com/doc-arc/def_man/ThermoGuard_Tdi_Tuning_Rev.2.pdf

cool info!
You can scab a 12mm from a 4BT :)

Amphibeast

Adventurer
FYI there is a 4x meet up tomorrow 2/18, 7pm In & Out burger… Chandler mall. Always a few good rigs & stories…..

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I'm confused, why would 4x4's meet at the mall? :safari-rig:

lol… just a local meet up for a burger and talk ********** for an hour or so….. physical social interaction, they used to do it before the internet! I'm sure all would rather be on a trail but it's just an hour on asphalt to inspire….

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Busted! Because AmphiPoser hasn't really been wheeling in a l-o-n-g time. AmIRight?

Just poking the tiger, bud. Let's get Zen'd again!

John B.

I smell a chicken squirrel expedition day trip…. Maybe Box Canyon out Wickenburg way….. Lots off water in the wash, bring a snorkel!

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
lol… just a local meet up for a burger and talk ********** for an hour or so….. physical social interaction, they used to do it before the internet! I'm sure all would rather be on a trail but it's just an hour on asphalt to inspire….

Oh, I got you!

We had a small 4x4 forum back in michigan and we would do a monthly meet and greet. Was always good for the new members to meet people and get to check out each others trucks without bashing them on stuff. when you said '4x meet', i was thinking there was gonna be wheelin'

PA_JERO

Adventurer
When will this day trip out towards wickenberg take place. I would be down for a trip out that way. I want to go out to moss wash in kingman, do a 3 day drip out that way and hit a few other trails.

AKClay

All I created a Slack group called AZCrew it's a running chat that can be used for trip planning and stuff. Yes there is an app for Android and iOS called Slack. You can also get to it by going to http://AZCrew.slack.com

I sent many of you an invite to your email but if you didn't get one send me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
I have no idea what you're talking about, Clay.

Anyway, here's the updates from the 14th St Club:

Jorge's 86 passed emissions this evening. The final prep-step was for him to have a universal cat from Auto Zone installed by his favorite shop, which might have cost him $30 for the welding and another $80 for the cat. Over the weekend, I pulled the gas tank and made sure there was nothing in the strainer or in the tank itself, replaced the supply-side soft lines with fuel injection hose to prevent collapse under high-demand conditions and to replace all the vapor lines on the top of the tank and in the surrounding areas up to where it connects to the hard line leading to the charcoal canister (one of the points of failure last year when we tried to get it through). If anybody reading this replaces those lines, about 11 feet of hose is needed and the outside diameter will be bigger than the original stuff, but fear not, you can still reuse the stock pinch clamps by spraying the outside of the new hose with silicone spray and working them into place. That saves money, naturally. The blue SWB made us proud by sailing through the test at emissions with stellar numbers and upon returning home, I raised the hood to check the exhaust manifold for the previously-noted cherry-red-overheat-condition it had exhibited last year and I'm happy to report that was not evident. Big thanks to IncorpoRatedX for supplying a new distributor to cure what apparently was a wildly advancing timing with the centrifugal and or vacuum mechanism(s). This vehicle is ready for the next steps: insurance, tags, tires, tint, stereo, etc. Good thing I'm not paying for any of that, either.

Jorge attempted to take his 89 SWB in for an alignment yesterday, but was told and shown that the brand new idler arm hadn't held up to one stinking off-road trip through the violence of Hackberry Creek. So, it's back to Auto Zone to present the goods for a replacement...cheap crap...

My 95 managed to destroy another front-of-the-rear-trailing-arm bushings on the same trip. I whanged the mount for the front of the passenger side rear trailing arm some years ago and it continues to eat those doughnut shaped bushings, but that's all right, they're cheap. It would be nearly impossible to bend the metal that's making it happen back to stock form, as it took quite a force to bend it like it did in the first place. Next set will be from Auto Zone and I'll make them give me new ones from here on out. I probably have other steering stuff that needs replacement on this truck, too. Resetting the wheel bearings helped, but it's not like it should be. I'll find it.

We're going to switch both Jorge's 86 and his 83 Mighty Max over to Rotella conventional 15W-40, the first for leaking and the second for burning. It's worth a shot and a cheap Band-Aid for now. The Max needs a re-ring and a new head, at least. Since its odometer doesn't go into six digits, there's no way of knowing how many miles it has on it from a casual glance. I'll bet it's been around the clock a few times.

John B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke