The "Az Crew" Thread

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I know there are regional forums here but the Arizona local Mitsu group is pretty awesome and deserves it's own thread for our Az related Montero stuff. Feel free to post up Az related things, meet ups, trail rides, questions or just check in to see what we're up to. If you're looking for other Az Mitsubishi 4 wheelers post up and let's hit the trails.

IMG_20141119_115127.jpg

DSC_1173.jpg

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Maybe expedition portal will be super awesome like 4x4wire was and give us our own board. Or not. Either way, it's funny how we have gone back to the old school way.

Toasty

Self motivation, my clutch master cylinder should be in Monday. Let's say a week to shake down the new truck so any one want to run a trail in the east valley maybe the 3rd or 4th of October?

Toasty

That might work, gives me an extra week to sort out any bugs i might have.

CanyoneroAZ

I gotta do my valve stem seals soon to try to reduce my oil consumption before I can get out and run some trails. My truck is starting to remind me of PA_JERO's blue truck before we fixed it.

Toasty

What's the deal with your motor dude? You've got some horrid luck dude.

Toasty

Sounds like we're running Elvis in Florance Jct in October! I hear it's safe in a SWB on 33's.

Prescott

Observer
Hi everyone. New guy from the Phx area. For the past 5 months i've been racking my brain on what kind of vehicle to buy. My sister in law got into an accident with my car and i have finally decided on a Montero. I have to meet with the insurance company tomorrow and within a week I will be purchasing my first Montero. I am hoping to be working with a 4k budget so if you guys have anything in mind, feel free to PM me.

Also, any key things to look for in particular. Looks like the timing belt is a key point, any other big factors? Im not too concerned about the specific model, (preferably 96-02), as they all seem to have their own perks and downfalls I can deal with. This will be used as a daily driver, however I dont drive much, and some extra curricular dirt activities, and eventually some towing. Let me know your thoughts. Im excited to get going.

Lastly, I am not opposed to driving across state lines to get something if its worth it. I like driving to California and Colorado is always a nice weekend trip. Anything further would be a stretch.

JD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles