The "Az Crew" Thread

RyanY

Adventurer
Tire Rack repeatedly impresses me. Discount Tire used to be that way but has reverted to being a typical tire store that's more interested in profits than customer service.

I dont know about that. Discount tire beat down BFG for a 60% discount on new tires last summer due to BFG dry rot issue....And them tires were way older then 5yrs!

SONICMASD

Adventurer
Ya, I agree. I haven't noticed customer service or quality slipping and I've been going to Discount Tires for over 15 years now. When my last Yokohamas wore out prematurely because my alignment was off they still hooked me up with a free tire when I bought 3 new ones even though it was my fault and they could have just charged me for all 4. If I buy new tires it is always at DT, if I buy used tires then I at least have them put on at DT.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Not sure I'll make Dusy this year as the dates are clashing with rest of my life. I'd like to try to set up a meeting/trip btwn the NorCal crew and AZ crew. Maybe early November in Death Valley? Goler wash is on my to do list. DV is huge and there's a ton of stuff to explore. The stars are bright so I tend to bring my telescope. Thoughts? You guys interested?
That would be awesome... if this happens I'll try to see if I could squeeze this in along with the Dusy trip.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Lets put some dates on this, Dusy is the first week of august, november gives everyone enough time to make their trucks at least forest road ready after the dusy trip. I have no idea when my truck will up be finished but i bet it's before then haha.

Well, Thanksgiving is Thursday. So its really a matter of how many days to add on the front end. Saturday to Saturday? Briggs cabin is the best spot to stop to cook the big meal, with an oven, stove and hot water.

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Tire Rack repeatedly impresses me. Discount Tire used to be that way but has reverted to being a typical tire store that's more interested in profits than customer service.

Must be a bad manager at yours. I've taken jacked up tires to them that have been clearly abused and no questions ever asked. Repay my certificate and I'm on my way with a brand new 35" tire for $35.00.

When it comes to work tires, I walk in with damn near bald tires that have a leak and they just warranty it, even though it's clear it should have been replaced 5k miles ago. Nothing but fantastic service at mine.

Drejireh

Whats up guys, pretty new to Expedition. Met Toasty on IG and decided to check out the thread and I see some sick montys. I recently acquired one, a friend of mine was at the auction when he saw it and immediately called me and I was sold. 2000 137k miles no leaks dry as bone just needs front end components placed. I recently installed the 2inch body lift and front pro comp shocks still need to do the back and excited to keep going. Thinking about going with 15x10 Fuel Anza wheels and 33x12.5 Kevlar MTR. Any suggestions or input? Unfortunately I'm in florida and do not have the amazing terrain you guys have.

IMG_20160604_165320.jpg

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Dude, fasteddy. Hopefully he's not so angry about hid's anymore. Haha, I kid, what's up dude, how's life?

PA_JERO

Adventurer
They are poo, at least the ones I attempted to use. Plus my headlights don't aim anymore since a nice thick branch smacked the crap out of the left side and it aims way up now. Dumb. I'll fix it one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles