The "Az Crew" Thread

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Welcome to Exportal, I usually know of a few Montero's for sale around town. Also if they're on my end of town i'll gladly go take a look with you. As far as key things to look for, i'd say just try for 3.5L engine and a truck in good condition. The rear locker is an easy bolt in swap with junkyard parts and it'll cost you a couple hundred dollars in case you find a nice LS model.

nbishop

Observer
Wish I would have caught the montero bug a few years back, just moved to Austin from PHX around 6 months ago. I'll be bringing mine to AZ for the BLM land and what I'm sure are fine trails soon...maybe an SR rear axle if y'all have one laying around.

Prescott

Observer
Looked at two Monteros today. One was a 2003 sport limited that I really loved. That one is still in the running. The other was a 96 SR that looked incredibly cool but had some electrical issues I do not want to deal with, so that one is out. I may have a line in another, but I will continue the search until I find the right one for me

Toasty

I called you this morning dude, I work evenings so sorry i didn't catch your call yesterday. I liked that Sport you're looking at though, what electrical issues does the '96 have?

Toasty

Date finalized for Elvis trail? Looking at some pics it will be really tight in some places for full sized Monteros

Um, PA_JERO suggested one but i forgot it and it's too deep in the text string to dig up. Maybe he'll post up.

lordtrunks

camp loser
AZ CREW!!!!! WHAT UP! Mark pays off the gen 3 this week and is ordering up them coil spacers soon we should get him in on the run.

Last edited:

Prescott

Observer
I called you this morning dude, I work evenings so sorry i didn't catch your call yesterday. I liked that Sport you're looking at though, what electrical issues does the '96 have?

Weird, I never got a missed call. and no worries about last night. Quite a few issues with that one. Took it for a drive and lights were constantly going on and off, dash lights blinking or not even coming on, dome light would come on but would every once in a while it would flash. I couldnt even open the drivers door from the inside. Im gonna go take a look at that SR in San Tan tonight after work. I have a good feeling about that one so we will see.

Prescott

Observer
Alright well today was the day! I have been through enough vehicles (thirty some now) to know that I wanted a close to stock as possible rig to start with. Well here it is.

Montero.jpg
Montero2.jpg

Its a 1993 Montero SR 4wd. Yes I know it has the 3.0 but I have done enough engine swaps to not be worried about that. It looks and drives like a CHAMP! Silver lining is 4.90 gears. Let me know what you guys think. Now i need a lift and a winch lol

lordtrunks

camp loser
do both as the 93 doesn't have the factory body lift the 94- gen 2's have and go with the 3" BL and get then move on to getting some rock sliders and hit the junkyards for a locking rear end

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles