The AR-15

akpostal

Adventurer
What's up with the torch mounted on the rack? Just curious as I'm trying to think of what you would do with it mounted. I carry one of the butane type torches that you get from the Asian grocery stores (not the crack pipe style) on occasion to light charcoal and I've used my Bernzomatic in the grill at the house.

I've fallen into the Little Su and the Big Su and when you need a fire fast a good torch is good to have in fast reach. Its on a Drake quick release mount, just a pull and its off. I need to get a fire extinguisher back there as well with the same mount.

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
Ah, didn't realize it was a quick release mount. That makes a lot more sense now. Like I said, I carry a torch on some occasions but I always have road flares in the truck, in my kayak kit and I even have one of the small Orion fire starters (mini-flare) in one of my pfd pockets. I learned that lesson a long time ago on the Chattooga in winter.

And dammit man, I was looking at your Havoc again and of course noticed the Spike's penises- once someone points them out you can't help but see them every time. :smilies27

akpostal

Adventurer
The propane torch was a trick I learned from my plumbing friends out rafting for a quick fire after falling in the rivers, so i like to keep one with me camping or rafting.

The Havoc is a fun toy, Ill be loading up some rounds tomorrow to annoy the neighbors and scare the dogs. I just need some smoke mix for more fun.

KING_PALM

tumblr_or3v50To0X1qzf5l2o1_1280.jpg

my current go to rifle setup for the Landcruiser.

jpachard

Adventurer

Franklin Armory Binary Trigger installed on AR-9 - It fires when you pull the trigger and fires when you release it. Legal and a LOT of fun for mag-dumps. Actually pretty easy to control after about the 4-5th time you empty a mag and start really paying attention to it. Trigger comes with a selector that allows you to switch between SAFE/SINGLE FIRE/BINARY

Hmmm, I don't see how this video applies to AR triggers, am I missing something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles