Mid-length gas system
Rifle buffer
Superior Arms lower, RedX upper
Troy TRX extreme 15" rail
Spikes battle trigger
M16 f/a bcg
Magpul everything
RockRiver scope mount (sooooo heavy)
Cabelas 3-12 .223 scope (already had it)

A little heavy out front, but I'm loving it off a bag. And with 72gr ammo its way more accurate than I am.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
codyY i like your rifle, and im not trying to sound like a know it all but i would recommend taking the flip up sights and setting them up off set your scope like at the 1 oclock or 11 oclock position depending on if you're a lefty or a righty. i really think if you gave it a chance youd like it like that. i was skeptical about it the first time i saw it but it actually works well and is a fast transition for closer work.

CodyY

Explorer
I agree, the mbus sights are there for playing with the .22lr kit at the indoor range.

Honestly, i feel BUIS are just added weight unless you're in combat. The odds of needing a backup sighting system on a hog hunt are comical.

My favorite setup is my bosses Carbon Chritenson piston gun with a 4x ACOG and RMR on top. Rolling to 1'oclock puts the rmr perfect on my left eye, both open. Its killer for righty/left eye dom guy like me

J

JWP58

codyY i like your rifle, and im not trying to sound like a know it all but i would recommend taking the flip up sights and setting them up off set your scope like at the 1 oclock or 11 oclock position depending on if you're a lefty or a righty. i really think if you gave it a chance youd like it like that. i was skeptical about it the first time i saw it but it actually works well and is a fast transition for closer work.

OR spend some coin on a good QD scope mount (LARUE) and keep traditional flip up sights that wont snag on everything....

CodyY

Explorer
OR spend some coin on a good QD scope mount (LARUE) and keep traditional flip up sights that wont snag on everything....

For 3-gun the 2-6 or 2-10 30mm scopes with a set of offset irons keep you in "tactical" as opposed to dual optics (scope and red dot) puts you into OPEN.

I built this one as an accurized SPR style for hogs and white tails. Where my carbine wont stabilize heavier 77gr match kings or hold better than 3 moa when it heats up.

IMO, an AR either needs to be accurate and scoped, or light and fast with irons and/or red dot. Trying to target shoot with an M4gery is futile, and "run-n-gun" training with a heavy gun sucks. Even an 8lb gun gets heavy after 5 hours.

zimm

Expedition Leader
hmmm I'm surprised to hear this. I've only heard good things about the Surefire mag...even considered getting a 60rd'er for my duty gun.

The LAV digs his...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6In5qCNwoLM

reviewing as he wears a sure-fire hat.

im just saying, i have two, and they both jamed when the the feed ramps meet, or whatever the do inside.

the rifle isnt as comfortable to carry with it in either. its not as nimble.

on the plus side, i didnt notice any feeding difference with the added weight of 208 grain 300blk, but that not full auto either.

BlaZeJeep

Had the opportunity to try out a few 3 gun competitions this year for the first time. It is really a lot of fun, and with ammo availability up and ammo prices down it's more fun. Pic and details of my setup
Rifle:
Windham Weaponry SRC
Magpul furniture
Miculek Comp
Magpul 30&40 rd. mags
Primary Arms 1-4x scope
Pistol:
Glock 19 Gen 3 RTF
Ghost 3.5 lb. connector
HiViz front sight
17 rd. mags
Shotgun:
Remington 1100
ATI Stock
Choate +4 tube
22" barrel threaded for extended choke tubes
TruGlo ghost ring sights

photo 2.JPG

the kid

Juke Box Hero
ok ill play...

IMG_3589 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

IMG_3582 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

IMG_3447 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

IMG_3383 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

IMG_2245 by isaacyocum, on Flickr
my personal;

IMG_2159 by isaacyocum, on Flickr

sig 556 muzle flash by isaacyocum, on Flickr

gonna be having a custom made trigger for my sig, its the only think i cant stand about my sig, is the cheesy flat-bar trigger. i hope to soon be building an actual AR, but for now im liking my sig, thought of selling it, but why, i already own it, may as well keep it

SGTCap

Adventurer

im just saying, i have two, and they both jamed when the the feed ramps meet, or whatever the do inside.

on the plus side, i didnt notice any feeding difference with the added weight of 208 grain 300blk, but that not full auto either.

Don't do it. They jam when you need them the most. Most #-Gunner that use them have found that out the hard way. If you want extra capacity go for a 40rd PMag, or extended lancer (48rd) or a PMag with a Nordic extension. Any of those will be more reliable than the Surefire.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Don't do it. They jam when you need them the most. Most #-Gunner that use them have found that out the hard way. If you want extra capacity go for a 40rd PMag, or extended lancer (48rd) or a PMag with a Nordic extension. Any of those will be more reliable than the Surefire.

Amen. Surefire should stick to lights and lasers

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

clandr1

Adventurer

LAV jumped the shark years ago. What a blowhard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles