The AR-15

zimm

Expedition Leader
The tax stamp for my AAC SDN-6 suppressor finally came last week and I picked up my new toy today. :wings: (That's two stamps in that picture; one SBR and the SDN-6). I still need an optic for it; there's a section of rail on the other side for a light. I'm going to switch to a BCM Gunfighter grip also. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it this coming weekend.

View attachment 162255

how long did that take them?

robert

Expedition Leader
I already had the rifle, the stamp for the suppressor was submitted last August. Supposedly the ATF has hired some more people but the number of folks submitting forms has apparently gone up too. There is talk of stopping folks from going the trust route, but that's how I did mine. While my local sheriff will sign off for them, I didn't feel like going that route as this makes it easier for me as far as estate planning and it also allows the items to be in the possession of the people listed in my trust (several family members and my best friend).

chris snell

Adventurer
Love the LWRC, Scott. Tim, those KACs are sweet, too.

I have an HK MR556A1. I shot these pics on the kitchen table and I don't have any photos of the entire carbine yet. The only thing I've changed is to swap out the hideous HK stock for a SOPMOD.

clandr1

Adventurer
Love the LWRC, Scott. Tim, those KACs are sweet, too.

I have an HK MR556A1. I shot these pics on the kitchen table and I don't have any photos of the entire carbine yet. The only thing I've changed is to swap out the hideous HK stock for a SOPMOD.

[url]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8546/8886211367_595fedeb2e_b.jpg[/url]

[url]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2869/8886850084_21e789da25_b.jpg[/url]

[url]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7360/8886208225_f6b3c9a4ef_b.jpg[/url]

Nice rifle. Is it piston driven? What parts are not interchangeable with your basic AR-15?

cruisertoy

Explorer
Finally got around to finishing one of my AR15's. I had a bunch of 80%lowers made and finished out one of them. I also had a couple feet of raw hand guard extrusion kicking around from an un named companies ar10 stuff and wipped up a design in solidworks to machine one. I'm pleased with the design but am going to tweak the attachment method to the barrel nut a little. It ended right at 12oz. I think I can shave another ounce and half off. Both the lower and the hand guard will eventually get coated but they look kind of cool raw.

Attachments

• milling.JPG
    milling.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 64
  • finished.JPG
    finished.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 68

CodyY

Explorer
uploadfromtaptalk1374505605274.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1374505653360.jpg

Stag M2 16" 5.56 1/9
Magpul everything (fanboy!)
Troy medieval fh
MI 7" ff rail
Spikes battle trigger
Primary arms 30mm dot in cantilever mount
MI HK flip up front
Yhm rail gas block
ARMS #40 rear flip up
MS2 sling
BCM mod4 ch

chris snell

Adventurer
Nice rifle. Is it piston driven? What parts are not interchangeable with your basic AR-15?

It is piston-driven. As far as interchangeability, there's not much, outside of the Picatinny rail. I suppose you could mount a standard lower on it but I have no idea why anyone would do that. I plan to keep this one pretty basic, aside from a ACOG that I'm mounting.

Containerized

Adventurer
I've owned various AR's for years but, for some reason, I always end up taking the FAL over the AR.

In the end, I've probably fired twice as many rounds from my FAL (a 16" barrel DSA SA58 metric rifle built on their Steyr machinery about ten years ago) than from all my AR's combined. And that's a lot of rounds down range.

The AR is a great tool and I enjoy them and when I travel with people with them (as I have in various places over the years), I happily will keep one handy. But the FAL will always have a special place in my heart.

86 slo-vo

I'm a gunsmith by trade so I get to play with a lot of AR's.

My personal rifle.
aqu7ugaz.jpg

Mega arms billet recievers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles