The AR-15

KiwiKurt

Explorer
A muzzle brake is generally the first thing I install on every m4 I'm given, even before a trigger....I run tangibly faster split times and like the flatter shooting characteristics. That said, what i interpret as your point is not lost on me. ....

Last edited:

Aquafbody

Adventurer
That's what I figured.

I'm tired of going to the range an seeing guys with $1500-$3000 "custom" AR's and still can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 feet. LOL one time I was at the Cherry Creek gun club shooting my SMLE and this douch says "I love the smell of cordite in the morning!" I said "really? That's odd this is IMR 4064 LOL :victory:

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
I'm trying to conjure why anyone needs a muzzle brake and/or recoil reducing stock on a gas operated, semiautomatic, .223 caliber rifle....

Faster follow-up shots during competition shooting is why most people who actually use them mount them. Another valid reason and why I have one on my 10.5" AR (AAC Brakeout) is it acts like a sacrificial baffle- better to beat up a $75 brake than a $8-900 suppressor, even if the first baffle is inconel. :ylsmoke: Besides, the barrel is usually threaded so you need to put something there, might as well have some sort of purported benefit and look cool.

Scott Brady

Founder
I'm trying to conjure why anyone needs a muzzle brake and/or recoil reducing stock on a gas operated, semiautomatic, .223 caliber rifle....

I would recommend shooting an M4 with a good brake / compensator. It is shocking how much a difference it makes for follow-up shots. Even better, shoot an M4 with a suppressor. . .

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Spikes tactical punisher lower with rock river two stage, Adams arms evo ultra light upper. Great shooting setup but I'm bias.

ae5143ccf0fd567a88d693e0a8d42651.jpg

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Sure. Steel frame and hinges: fiberglass box with aluminum insert. Double locking. I built it for my own use for my jeep jk but after it was done I decided to take it one step further and turn it into a product. Still working on that but I'm very close to production : did get a provisional patent in it. Production version will be all aluminum. Here is a pic of it closed.

fc87fb9b9d800a2f5e352646d4a00431.jpg

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

mclovinal

Spikes tactical punisher lower with rock river two stage, Adams arms evo ultra light upper. Great shooting setup but I'm bias.

ae5143ccf0fd567a88d693e0a8d42651.jpg

That case is awesome! Is that a Stevens shotgun? It looks like one that's for sale right now on palmetto state armory for under $200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior