The AR-15

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Finally got around to finishing one of my AR15's. I had a bunch of 80%lowers made and finished out one of them. I also had a couple feet of raw hand guard extrusion kicking around from an un named companies ar10 stuff and wipped up a design in solidworks to machine one. I'm pleased with the design but am going to tweak the attachment method to the barrel nut a little. It ended right at 12oz. I think I can shave another ounce and half off. Both the lower and the hand guard will eventually get coated but they look kind of cool raw.

dang that is sweet.

86 slo-vo

A few pics from the last rifle class.

null-82.jpg

null-81.jpg

0uTkAsT

Gun Toting Gearhead
I'm working on my first new build in several years right now, piecing together a sweet little SBR on a budget. Its starting with a Quentin Defense billet lower, PSA Gen2 LPK, CMC flat trigger, MOE stock and grip with my own stippling, Spike's buffer kit, and MS2 Sling. Then I have an Aero upper and a Guntec free float rail with stippled LaRue index clips & hand stops that will cover an SA 7” barrel, dragon's head brake and a YHM low profile block. Optics will be an Aimpoint PRO, MBUS, and an Inforce WML. Finishing off with a Rainier Raptor and SA M16 BCG.

Building it and shooting it are the fun parts, but waiting on the stamp and feeding it are what sucks.

robert

Expedition Leader
Be prepared to wait- I've seen two articles now talking about the wait being like nine months right now. It's absolutely ridiculous, especially considering they cash your check right away.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Can't post pics, my AR is old school, same stock as above but otherwise stock with carrying handle.

Can someone recommend a decent scope, to cut the cantaloupe at say 250 yards?

If I shot it more often I probably wouldn't need it, but I'm getting older and can't see as well that far anymore... LOL

CodyY

Explorer
Can't post pics, my AR is old school, same stock as above but otherwise stock with carrying handle.

Can someone recommend a decent scope, to cut the cantaloupe at say 250 yards?

If I shot it more often I probably wouldn't need it, but I'm getting older and can't see as well that far anymore... LOL

Redfields are great for the dollar these days

J

JWP58

A cantaloupe at 250yds? You could probably do that with a regular old Aimpoint Micro with a 2moa dot. Or a decent 1-4x scope.

Do you have an A2 upper? If so you're going to have to run a gooseneck type optic mount....

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
JWP58, yes, it's the A2, I can hit the target at 250/300, stock site and Kentucky windage, but not a coffee can, maybe new glasses would help!

I have a pretty nice Sony digital camera that has a great zoom, steady shot, that can be used as a spotter scope. Dash mounted, it's a great way to see what's way up ahead on highways. It would be pretty cool to attach that somehow and zero it in someway (no reference on a camera) and "tape" the shots. But a scope is much easier.

Thought came from the tazer cameras used by LEOs. :coffeedrink:

J

JWP58

I have no idea what a "tazer camera" is, and Im an LEO.

Since you have a fixed carry handle (A2). If I were you, I'd either buy a new flat top upper receiver and switch it, or get a gooseneck mount and an eotech to mount on it.

CodyY

Explorer
I have no idea what a "tazer camera" is, and Im an LEO.

Since you have a fixed carry handle (A2). If I were you, I'd either buy a new flat top upper receiver and switch it, or get a gooseneck mount and an eotech to mount on it.

Yup. Its fun to play "Legos" with ARs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94