The all new Wildlands trailer door

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
We just got back from Expo West where we debuted our new Wildlands door! It garnered rave reviews from those who got to see it in person. This door is 42" high by 26" wide for the cut hole. The door is unique in that it incorporates a triple dead bolted lock system on a high security screen door. Attachments to the latches wrap around the inside of the wall, so that you would have to tear out the wall to pry out the door. The screen door features a stainless steel powdercoated #6 woven mesh with .040 wire. #6 was chosen because it is the largest mesh that a grizzly cannot get a claw into. The door frame is recessed to foil prying claws or tools This allows you to sleep in safety with the outer door open in hot weather. This has traditionally been a big problem for small offroad camp trailers. The door also features our fine mesh bug screen on the outside. This prevents pets from damaging the bug screen. The bug screen is easily replaced using conventional screen tools. This door has been 4 years in development, for use in areas like Africa and Australia for protection primarily from dangerous animals. It presents a serious deterrent to 2 legged animals as well. We added our refinements and brought it to North America. The door frame is all powdercoated aluminum with heavy duty stainless steel latches. The single handle actuates all three latch points. The door lock shares the same German lock set as our cargo doors and other accessories, so everything can be keyed to match for a small fee. The overall quality of this door is without peer. We will be stocking this trailer door in both right and left hinge for those needing a door on each side. It will also be offered in two other sizes (54x26 and 72x24) for other applications. This door was developed for hot weather use, but we will be offering a very nice removable thermal panel for 4 season use, as an option. We expect to be fully stocked by August. We have a few in stock now. Price for the 42x26 door is $861.00. As always, OEM builders are welcome.

This door will be showing up soon on some of the best offroad trailers you can buy. The very first to adopt it is Teton X. They also use our world class windows and custom cargo doors. They were at Expo across from us, and mobbed from the time they pulled in! I heard that a few people with last years models have already placed orders for the new ones with these new upgraded components. I don't think they have updated pictures yet on their site, but I will dig up a few. https://tetonx.com/ Below are some close shots of the door.517501517502517503

Teardropper

iDNTVmx.png

Grizzly proof. Uh-huh.

Keep a clean camp and quit worrying about bears.

T

TernOverland

It's not certified bear proof, and it wouldn't matter if it was. There are other vulnerable areas on most trailers. It does provide a significant deterrent., and plenty of time. The typical offroad trailer door has no screen door at all, and can be cut through with a pocket knife. This door is far more secure with the outer door open, than other doors are closed and locked.

OverlandNA

Grizzly proof. Uh-huh.

Keep a clean camp and quit worrying about bears.

T

I don't worry about bears, and I also know they can rip thru anything I'm sleeping in including my truck.

It's not certified bear proof, and it wouldn't matter if it was. There are other vulnerable areas on most trailers. It does provide a significant deterrent., and plenty of time. The typical offroad trailer door has no screen door at all, and can be cut through with a pocket knife. This door is far more secure with the outer door open, than other doors are closed and locked.

My point is that the statements below could mislead people into a false sense of security.

#6 was chosen because it is the largest mesh that a grizzly cannot get a claw into. The door frame is recessed to foil prying claws or tools This allows you to sleep in safety with the outer door open in hot weather.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Any chance of making a WIDER door than 26in? That makes it tough when loading/unloading from trailers when the door is narrow.

ratled

Adventurer
The X trailer looks real good with the JL! Any chance we can get a side shot of the two of them together?

TIA

TernOverland

The X trailer looks real good with the JL! Any chance we can get a side shot of the two of them together?

TIA
Kyle and Lindsay are taking "the long way home", so it may be a few days. Lindsay designed the graphics and matched them to the jeep. The jeep and trailer look amazing!

GkraneTX

The door looks great. Regarding the Teton X, I think if they changed the box from wood to aluminum and composite they would have a real winner.

TernOverland

Yes, all of our products have fine mesh bug screens, including the Wildlands door. The bug mesh is on the outside of the security mesh, which is a thoughtful feature. It reduces the debris and insects that might get trapped between the two meshes.
Is the screen capable of excluding nosee-ums?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94