The Adventures of a Land Rover TReK Discovery

MattScott

Approved Vendor
TReK%201.jpg

The long-term update on the TReK project. [link]

MattScott

Approved Vendor
It looks like the TReK will be recieving its first aftermarket upgrade.

The front suspension is certainly feeling the wrath of the extra weight from the winch and mount, so I'm electing to go with a heavier duty spring up front, along with more appropriate shocks all the way around.

I'm still going to keep the air suspension in the rear, Scott Brady and myself will be fabricating some interesting brackets to trick the rear suspension into going a bit higher.

Hopefully I'll get around 1 inch of lift.

Aussie T

Overland Journal Ringin
G'day Guys,

So the Trek has a new driver... me :). So I thought I would pop in and say G'day. My Name is Troy, im a ring-in from Hema Maps in Aus, I will be working with the Overland Team over the next few months to help create and edit video as well as become a solid contributor to articles for Expedition Portal (You may have already seen my piece on the SWAG). While I am here, I am lucky enough to be able to drive the Trek. A few of the Hema team came across over the weekend so we went out and had a bit of a play. We headed out through Jerome and down into Oak Creek Homestead for the night on friday. Saturday we packed up and headed for Broken Arrow just to see what all the fuss was about. Well what a track, everyone had a ball even though we had to duck out of the way of the pink jeeps from time to time. Anyway Below are a few pics from the weekend and if you want to find out a bit more about me, have a look at the Australia/ New Zealand section of the forum where I am keeping a bit of a blog/ travel report.

David, for your info, we have ticked over 13000 miles in her now, so they are starting to creep up a bit.

Trek_sedona1.jpg

Trek_sedona2.jpg

Trek_sedona3.jpg

Trek_sedona4.jpg

Trek_sedona5.jpg

trek_sedona6.jpg

Colin Hughes

Explorer
I think it needs to get into a Canadian's, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, hands next!! I like this pass it around the world thing.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Haha don't forget its still a Disco. We would send it to Canada aaaannnndddd its rusted through. That was a fun five seconds in the snow and salt haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior