The Adventures of a Land Rover TReK Discovery

wheatydog

Hey Matt!

Congrats on the Disco! How do you like it so far?? I've got the #3 truck and absolutely love it! Funny enough, the #4 truck is here in Charlotte as well. Small world!

JP

TReK Disco 1.jpg

Attachments

• My Disco.jpg
    My Disco.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

BirchHill

goat farmer
What kind of winch mount is utilized on the expo portals discovery? It appears to retain the factory bumper which would be nice for those folks that dont want or need an aftermarket steel bumper and the extra weight that goes along with it.

Scott Brady

Founder
What kind of winch mount is utilized on the expo portals discovery? It appears to retain the factory bumper which would be nice for those folks that dont want or need an aftermarket steel bumper and the extra weight that goes along with it.

It is the factory, Land Rover Genuine Winch Tray

MattScott

Approved Vendor

I would suspect that a full bumper wouldn't weigh much more...it's not the most convenient for approach angle either.

Howski

I would suspect that a full bumper wouldn't weigh much more...it's not the most convenient for approach angle either.

Agree with this wholehartedly. If you're in situations where you'll need a winch, chances are you will crack the extremely brittle factory front bumper also. I don't know the weight of something like an ARB but a slimline bumper, like on wheatydog's Trek, are aren't very heavy.

BirchHill

goat farmer
There is certainly some truth to that assumption. The aftermarket bumpers are nice but, expensive and its a nice clean factory look with the use of the oem bumper and a winch. In my application and probably for quite a few others its not winching out of extreme terrain that would be putting the most hours on the winch but, winching others out of a ditch in winter conditions or pullling my tractor out of a pond after trying just one more pass closer with the bushhog.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
May I also add that unless you can find a used factory winch mount on the cheap, you'll likely pay more for one than an bull bar. (If my memory serves me correct)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
There will be a few upcoming adventures in the TReK, but for now, the vehicle is pretty much perfect—just routine servicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online