The 6x6 "T-REX"

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I know it's a bit over the top... But this would IMO, be a sweet platform/conversion to make an Expo rig out of. Put an FWC or Flip-pac shell on it, make a passthrough and I could see this beaing AWESOME for the snowy areas and the desert. With a Cummins Diesel in it I could see getting decent milage and having PLENTY of power to get you there. I think it's OS cool. I'm sure it's already been posted, but I didn't find it. Kind of reminds me of a moedern day interp. of the venerable Dodge Half-tracks that my grandpa came to LOVE to death in WWII. Monsterous yes... Awesome, MOST DEFINATLY. I love this thing. I'd mae it in a less austentatios color like grey or white and keep the SKinny NDT tires that are on it in some of the pics. I'd also probably go with an AAM front axle or maybe Portals all around. THat front Pinion mounted Disc just hangs down a WEEEEE bit too much for comfort eh ;)
trexsnow2.jpg

Pic0007.jpg

here are the tires I like the most...
Pic0001.jpg

THe footprint and size would make it an awesome Desert crawler IMO.
finished3.jpg

Thoughts perplexions opinions??? it says this truck was in Top Truck 2004 but I can't seem to find any pics of it. I'd like to see this thing negotiate the "tank Trap" and the other obstacles they put it through.

Cheers

Dave

Michael Slade

Untitled
Go to Pirate and do a search for 'Daniel'. That'll tell you everything you need to know about that truck and the company.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Awesome thanks man. I didn't know it was over on Pirate, I'll go look for it eh. For some reason my comp is just showing red X's now... Are the pics showing up for everyone else???

Cheers

Dave

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
AHHHHH... the stupid pics were working perfectly fine for me like an hour ago... NOW X's... ARGH!!!!!!!!!! SO annoying.

Cheers

Dave

Ala5ka

VX'er
Followed the link, and that thing is sweet. I can imagine those rear wheels crawling over things, I can also imagine the headache that engineering went through and the parts not being readily available for the rear drive. I would love to drive it, but I bet for the price tag I could buy a couple Rovers, a few Jeeps, or a fleet of Lada Niva's :)

p71

Observer
Followed the link, and that thing is sweet. I can imagine those rear wheels crawling over things, I can also imagine the headache that engineering went through and the parts not being readily available for the rear drive. I would love to drive it, but I bet for the price tag I could buy a couple Rovers, a few Jeeps, or a fleet of Lada Niva's :)

That one was built by Mopar.

Just watched the youtube videos, hats off to you, that thing is pretty sweet

That one is a copy of the one built by Mopar with a bunch of mods.

Code Monkey

Observer
It would be a good truck for hauling a moderately heavy load or pulling a trailer over some rough terrain, but snow? I don't think it would do as well as something with MattTracks or a "Cheburator" or something like that; floatation is everything on the snow and while a big 6x6 may get further up a snowy road than a 4x4, once it gets off the road into deep snow it will just sink down and get stuck trying to push the snow out of the way.

Personally, my truck is going to be for getting me to the trails, then I will get on my dirt bike or snowbike for the fun. Big trucks are too big for trail fun IMO. Even a small truck or jeep isn't as much fun or as agile as a dirt bike for getting into the places I want to go. I watch these guys on vids 4 wheeling around and breaking things trying to get up some trail that even a novice rider like me could ride up pretty easily without breaking anything on our bikes - plus if we do break, then we just get it back to the truck and fix it - we still have the truck to get us out.

zukrider

Explorer
i have the movie somewhere that has the green t rex in TTC. thing is friggin awesome! did steller in the obstacle course, tow test and tank trap.

very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier