The 130

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Going over the 200Tdi in preparation for install in the truck.

New injectors and spill lines
New glow plugs
New water pump, starter, fuel lift pump, vacuum pump, and oil separator
New flywheel and clutch
New harmonic balancer
New cam belt and tensioner
New radiator and intercooler
New rear main oil seal

The only evidence of oil leakage is front of ladder frame to block. Will pull pan and ladder frame and reseal. Still need to dial guage the IP timing, and check/adjust tappets.

Going to see Ash (Another Defender on Portals author) on Tuesday to pick up some goodies, and stopping at another Defender owner's place for a free Tithonus hard top for my 110 pick up. May stop at Safari HP in Orlando to see if they have a decent used rear door for the pick up.

Truck has had a 300Tdi bulkhead installed somewhere in the past, and glow plug timer relay system is intact. Better than the key operated 2.5NA system. Also has the newer style fuel filter set up.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Not a ton of progress! Been working on house, trying to get buttoned up. Damned hurricane.

I did get a RoverDrive and transfer box referenced on another thread here. Good stuff. Will be happy with that behind the 200.

As with all things LR, I am learning a lot about the truck and parts. Sealants for ladder frame, oil pump, and trans adapter to block are only things I am waiting on at this point, then assembly and transplant can occur.

I will say the community has been super helpful. Shayne, who has the Camel truck that is the sticky on this forum, has been super helpful and is a good friend. Kind of an *******, but still..:). Ash at Geared has provided advice and parts, along with Stephen at Safari (new shop is awesome!). Uncle Douglas aslo has advice and helps with import stuff.

Attached pic shows what happens when glow plug not torqued to spec, blow by. Sure there was a small loss of compression and power on that cylinder. New ones in with plenty of anti-sieze, torqued to spec.

Attachments

• D85CB826-3479-47D2-91A2-04FD416EDD5F.jpg
    D85CB826-3479-47D2-91A2-04FD416EDD5F.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 9

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Started removal of 2.5NA while waiting on 200Tdi parts. Trans adapter to block gasket is holding me up, on order.

Donated shroud system to the 2.5NA 110 pickup. A few other bits will go on that truck as well.

Leaving the new Ashcroft LT77S and transfer box in place. We shall see how well the wife can operate the engine hoist and load leveller while I am under the truck lining things up.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
B4CDF235-E7C4-4A96-9A8E-C3A7B5CC45C0.jpeg

96EAD84E-0550-48D9-A0B6-F56DFB8BF212.jpeg

Extracted 2.5NA engine yesterday. No major issues, left gearbox and transfer box in place. Finally have the proper parts to assemble the 200, was waiting on a few gaskets. Need to reseal oil pan and ladder frame, reinstall transmission adapter and gasket, replace lift pump and vacuum pump, install clutch and pressure plate (waiting on alignment tool), and then reinstall engine.

Do not know what I am going to do with the 2.5. May strip IP, ancillaries, and the head off of it and send block assembly to the recyclers. It is a boat anchor, and I can see where keeping it would be a paperweight collecting dust in a corner somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles