The 130

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Anyone looking for a early square door 127... there was one posted on Defendersource.com in the classifieds today. The square doors are very cool.

Spoke with Foley's via email this week, my truck should be going to port next week! Very excited to finally be getting it.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
So, no 130 in 2017. Maybe this year. But seriously, I have probably been a little too laid back, and my truck has taken a backseat to other projects. It is completed now, as completed as an importable 2.5NA can be. It will need dash work, and is likely going to receive a 200Tdi transplant. I am also awaiting the chance to go over truck with a fine tooth comb to see if the refurb is to the standard I want. Very hard to do this type of work across an ocean.

I have contact with the shipping company, and have asked that they arrange customs and delivery to my door. Did the drive to Jacksonville and pick up myself thing last month with a 2.5NA 110 PU. For the cost of port entry, the fuel to get there and back, Uhaul trailer rental, and the unforeseen hotel overnighter, it probably is a wash.

Will it be here by end of January? I would expect mid-Feb to be realistic. Thus far all of my predictions have been off. Was expecting in August, then in time for ExPo, and still no truck.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
5CEB0FD2-661B-4030-AFD8-D3DD1F3E34E3.jpg

A shot of chassis when it was getting redone. On the boat in the next few days. Here at house within 30 days, I would think.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Ordered a 200Tdi rebuilt engine from Rover Resource. Once I gather everything else needed (hoses, air filter assembly, rad/intercooler and proper frame for them, etc) I will yank out 2.5NA lump and drop in the 2Hundy.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
B2ABADEC-6B96-475E-84EC-30DE806B3DDB.jpg

CF79CB0A-B575-45C8-AD08-CA535F68BEE0.jpg

200 lump is here. Included are hard turbo pipes, air cleaner assy and bracket, PS pump, reservoir and bracket, alt, exhaust, radiator/IC and frame, etc. Very pleased, looking to do all seals and gaskets, dial guage on IP, install new IC, all new hoses, have injectors serviced, new glow plugs (we spend time up north), adjust valves.

In the crate there is also the MT82/R380 for the other truck, and a bunch of stuff we had removed from our Puma.

Shipper called yesterday re: the truck. They are ahead of schedule and will be delivering today! So the truck I have owned for over a year, never driven, seen only once will be in the drive tonight. Very excited. Pics to follow. Happy Valentines to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles