That was fun......

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Well the better half had the blower motor on her LWB go out. Ordered the needed parts and started off to work. While in there found a couple issues with wiring (now the sub and the Fog lights work!!!) I will also add a million thanks to a good friend for helping me do this. It was 2 A.M. when I left his place for home. As great as hanging out with friends is, I am in no rush to do this job again.

After removing the dash and splitting the box I found the cause of the issue, also found I had an unwanted guest and some point. Now the problem I have is that the Air Ride light is on. This LWB doesn't have air bags anymore, how do I turn this light off?

Here are some pics!

Getting started. Making sure to label EVERYTHING!!

DSCN6212_zps66cb710a.jpg

DSCN6213_zps5460bfb4.jpg

Everything is out!!
DSCN6214_zps4a05e3a0.jpg

Now to the box. Hmmm... looks like this was a mobile home for someone.
DSCN6215_zpsd1b93e6b.jpg

DSCN6216_zpse97793ac.jpg

Let get this back together!
DSCN6217_zps4a57cc05.jpg

DSCN6218_zps345d0482.jpg

DSCN6219_zpseb19f8d7.jpg

And there is a dash once again!
DSCN6221_zps5c79b6e9.jpg

And for support along the way my buddy found some help!
DSCN6220_zps0e3a1c1d.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Wow. Was this sitting on a farm unused for a few years?

Don't know. We have not had it long at all. When we bought it she only had 112K on her. For 20 years that's not many miles in my book. I figure it sat a fair bit from time to time. I am just glad to get that mouse mess outta there. Took a bit to clean it but I feel better.

czenkov

Adventurer
Now the problem I have is that the Air Ride light is on. This LWB doesn't have air bags anymore, how do I turn this light off?

That looks like an unbelievable amount of fun. I cannot say I am sad to see my Classic go before I had to deal with this.

I believe the most common method is to remove the bulb.

d67u57

Adventurer
to be able to put it back together stock looking AND functional? wow. just wow.dude.

and of course, fosters makes this look easy! :p

rtkraken

Wow! That is quite a job!
I've fought critter battles in the air system and, be warned, the little sum-beeyotches come back. I swear they pass the word once they discover the cozy little warren inside your dash. I had repetative tenants and after multiple evictions, including duct-tape-on-a-stick surgical removal of little pink babies from inside the blower wheel, I finally locked the intakes up from intruders by custom forming some quarter inch screen covers over the intake holes inside the plenum. Now that you put all that effort into the eviction, it might be worth the additional effort to keep your unwanted guests from returning. Jus' sayin'. Either way, impressive effort!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Wow! That is quite a job!
I've fought critter battles in the air system and, be warned, the little sum-beeyotches come back. I swear they pass the word once they discover the cozy little warren inside your dash. I had repetative tenants and after multiple evictions, including duct-tape-on-a-stick surgical removal of little pink babies from inside the blower wheel, I finally locked the intakes up from intruders by custom forming some quarter inch screen covers over the intake holes inside the plenum. Now that you put all that effort into the eviction, it might be worth the additional effort to keep your unwanted guests from returning. Jus' sayin'. Either way, impressive effort!

I will look into the keeping out of the critters. I really don't want to do this again. Never had an issue with mice in daily rigs. I bet we bought her that way.

Also all lights are now off. Took it out and ran errands. Lights went off and stayed off! WOO HOO!!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
HAHAHAHA!!! Hope the LWB doesn't feel violated. Those cupholders are awesome, not drilling, screwing, etc required and they stay in place off road. I miss them in my '92 but the wife wanted them in hers.. I lost HAHAHA!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles