That didn't take long....

csphoto

W7ZOM
2016 LR4, 2042 miles, serpentine belt failure. I'm officially a LR owner!

image1 (2).JPG

Luckily it happened as I was backing into the garage, literally. Land Rover of Salt Lake City has been aces thus far, scrambled to get me a loaner LR4 on virtually no notice this morning. Hopefully that doesn't change. Gonna be tough to trust this vehicle though and that's a bummer. Upside is that they have the short roof rails in black that I need to have installed for the ProSpeed rack so they'll get put on while they have it.

ComposLR4.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
Well it looks amazing, even on the rollback. Wow,2k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voodoojk

Adventurer
cant say that i have ever heard of this happening on such a low mileage vehicle. Did the belt just break or did one of the tensioners fail causing the belt to break? Curious to see the outcome. Sorry!

csphoto

W7ZOM
Well it looks amazing, even on the rollback. Wow,2k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

cant say that i have ever heard of this happening on such a low mileage vehicle. Did the belt just break or did one of the tensioners fail causing the belt to break? Curious to see the outcome. Sorry!

It seems from the limited view afforded from the engine bay that a tensioner or pulley or whatever you want to call it has failed but it's impossible to actually know until they dig in.

I hope you are not superstitious.

No comment

ColoDisco

Explorer
I have seen worse. How about a full body harness on a 2016 Range Rover?
C616F611-34A4-4380-B16F-BF3214176451.jpg

483FE723-A687-4E1A-A245-71001D3391B3.jpg

For a pinched wire at the passenger seat belt tensioner.
CF39BDDC-B615-46CE-A8EF-B91F2E37C857.jpg

Took me 58 hours and warranty only paid me 27.
While I disagree with warranty as far as what they pay their technicians I have to commend them on replacing the whole harness for safety reasons.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
That's nuts! both the 4 and the RR. I have to imagine a rubber quality issue with belt or the tensioner being bad? How could that even remotely be wear and tear?

Belts are pretty easy to change though :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
That's a beautiful home and a shiny new luxury suv in the driveway. All things considered, I'd say things look generally positive for you. Cheer up man!

csphoto

W7ZOM
That's a beautiful home and a shiny new luxury suv in the driveway. All things considered, I'd say things look generally positive for you. Cheer up man!

True story. Once the move in is complete Tuesday, and I've gotten some much needed sleep, I'm sure I will.

csphoto

W7ZOM
Update...

Word form the dealer is that the pulley on the water pump failed. Will require a new water pump and serpentine belt. Parts are being overnighted in so hopefully I have the truck back by Wed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles