Thanks to Chip Haven

klahanie

daydream believer
I know Chip Haven only from what I have read online.

In light of a recent post, I want single out Mr. Haven for his efforts.

Chip Haven is a Moderator and major contributor to the camper section of Expo. Invited by Scott Brady, he came over from ExpeditionCampers.com and brought with him threads that form a historical foundation to this section.

Always on the look out for newly released items of note, he helps keep this board fresh. His posts show a sincere interest in the subject.
His endeavors aid in making this a great forum for the exchange of ideas.

Thanks Chip!

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Chip Haven, the fount of all expocamper knowledge! I'm regularly amazed at the facts you either know or can dig up.

haven

Expedition Leader
<Blush!> Thanks for the kind words, it's not even my birthday! Klahanie, your check is in the mail!

Seriously, I learn new things every day from the members of this forum. So thanks to all of you as well.

Chip Haven

articulate

Expedition Leader
Good thread. I don't know Chip, and I know less about campers, but I always notice his class-act level of contribution with every post he makes.

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for all the hard work Chip! It have been great to meet you in person and through the years in cyberspace.
:camping:

Rhode Trip

Adventurer
As an Ex-pat from Expeditioncampers.com I know that Chip has put a great deal of time and effort into this forum. Thanks for keeping things interesting and informative!

jammyauto

Adventurer
Chip, I also wish to thank you for all the infomative posts you have produced over the years. YOu have been one of the biggest contributors to this and expedition campers forums and they would not be nearly as good without your contributions.
This really begs a few questions however. Despite all the infomation that you have generously provided all of us you have really not revealed much about yourself. Do you have a camper of one in the works? If so is it top secret? Have you done any expedition camping that you would care to share with the rest of us? Where do you live? Inquiring minds want to know. Of coarse, no pressure.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I will heartily raise a toast to Chip too :beer: I've always been impressed with his passion and knowledge of all things 4WD camper related. We're really lucky to have him here at the Portal. Thanks Chip!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I thought this thread was a memorial or something...

Thanks for chiming in Chip, so we know you're still among the living.

And here's a cold one for your excellent, in-depth contributions - :beer:

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
I have to add my .02 to this post:

I have "known" Chip for about 5 years, first thru the forum on the Turtle Expedition site, then thru ExpeditionCampers.com (which Chip ran single handed for a long time) and of course on Expo. What has always impressed me about Chip is his professionalism. Reading a post from Chip is often like reading a magazine article. Chip has a knack for posting interesting and new info in a way that stimulates lively discussion.

Although I consider Chip a friend, I know very little about him, he is a guy that likes to keep his personal life private. We are certainly all lucky to have him on this site.

Heres to you Chip Haven!:clapsmile

Cheers
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior