Tex's 2023 KTM 300 XC-W

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I picked this smoker up a few weeks back, it's a 2023 KTM 300 XC-W. I was almost tempted into a left over 2022 GasGas EC300 in order to save nearly $2K but I am a sucker for PDS and an orange frame. I really like the Beta 200RR Race Edition as well and I'll likely nab one of those in the future as a backup/loaner bike. I have been bolting on farkles/mods as they roll in, I am still waiting on a few important bits but for now this is how she sits.

• Bullet Proof Designs Rear Disc Guard
  • Bullet Proof Designs Rear Brake Caliper Guard
  • Bullet Proof Designs TPS Sensor Guard
  • Bullet Proof Designs Swing Arm Guard
  • Polisport Swingarm Protectors
  • AXP Xtreme HDPE Skid Plate
  • KTM Digital Radiator Fan Kit
  • SBMP Radiator Hose Guards
  • Enduro Engineering Oversize Rear Brake Tip

Had I known about SxS prior to purchasing I would have gone with their skid plate, while I have run AXP skid plates in the past and been very happy with them I must admit that the SxS skid plate is an improvement upon that design. I have the TPI Idle Adjustment Screw as well but I want to run the bike for a few hours to see if it'll be beneficial. Handguards and exhuast flange guard are next on the list and after I burn the rubber down I'll replace them with my favorite Goldentyre duo.

ZcB7ZdM.jpg

TSDl1SP.jpg

jCMnB3y.jpg

YmoEhFg.jpg

m7KOjkg.jpg

XyQ6XVC.jpg

uhfXNDZ.jpg

5jlNpT1.jpg

MRu8aIY.jpg

dcmiIrw.jpg

OcjGDtZ.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice bike!

I thought maybe you'd given up on this site, lol

I come and go on all of the forums I am active on. I have hit pause with the auto builds this year, a new property and a new lease have consumed a lot of my free time and attention. The Land Cruiser build should kick off by years end and we have a new vehicle on order that we should have by years end as well.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I come and go on all of the forums I am active on. I have hit pause with the auto builds this year, a new property and a new lease have consumed a lot of my free time and attention. The Land Cruiser build should kick off by years end and we have a new vehicle on order that we should have by years end as well.
Super Duty Tremor? lol

Yeah, sounds like a lot to take on for sure. Hope your enjoying the new property and lease.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I picked up a lightweight aluminum motorcycle trailer for the bikes. It's an Aluma MC210 with a captured ramp gate and the entire thing only weighs 600lbs. I should be able to easily carry three dirt bikes or two adventure bikes. I am still waiting on the spare tire carrier, wheel chocks and storage box but I did get around to applying textured Xpel to the fenders and light housings. I figured it would reduce dents, eliminate scratches and stains and it'll make it easier to clean because mud doesn't stick as well to the material.

8kVkSv3.jpg

E5mMLZo.jpg

Fr7qHAT.jpg

6chkEdp.jpg

mj7iPB5.jpg

t2tvxQe.jpg

zxyv7hT.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I added a single VP fuel can carrier to the tongue of the trailer. I was planning to do the two or three can mount on the deck behind the rock guard but I will be using that space to mount the storage box. I plan to leave some space behind storage box between it and the rock guard to allow enough space for a 4-gallon Rotopax for water or extra fuel as well if/when needed. I'd rather have a larger/taller storage box for straps, wheel chocks, Bike Binderz, tools, spares, etc. bolted directly to the deck than to have a smaller one on the tongue.

aHYKnkG.jpg

F0aEZZw.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Got out this weekend for a proper single track break-in for the new whip. Color me impressed with the bike, I had a ******** eating grin on my stupid face the entire time even with this insane heat.

qCd9c0R.jpg

DvBZBvZ.jpg

axoMgM8.jpg

k8us2TE.jpg

jGi8rpx.jpg

2Jj2m3Z.jpg

QY9BgJy.jpg

CBVZsyg.jpg

Last edited:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Envious of the trailer. Looking to replace my old 16ft trailer with something to pull behind the Tiger with bikes, atv, etc....on but, just finding one to look at here is a constant problem. Generally, what did it cost? Thx.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Envious of the trailer. Looking to replace my old 16ft trailer with something to pull behind the Tiger with bikes, atv, etc....on but, just finding one to look at here is a constant problem. Generally, what did it cost? Thx.

I bought this trailer because I intend to take the Cruiser on most weekend riding trips here in the state. I like the idea of an SUV to keep all of my riding gear/kit locked up inside and I wanted something light weight to help the fuel economy on the Cruiser because it needs all the help it can get in that department lol. It also leaves me with a great option for similar reasons should we end up with something in the future that has a much lower tow capacity like the new Bronco.

Being all aluminum the trailer only weighs 600lbs which is nuts. It has a 3500lb torsion axle giving it a 2900lb payload capacity. It has a 78"x138" (6.5'x11.5') deck with an enclosed and captured 63"x70" ramp, full LED light package, and a 24" tall rock/salt guard. The in-deck 2000lb WLL tie-down rings were standard, as is the swivel tongue jack. I wish it had a tongue handle to make it easier to maneuver by hand off the truck but I can add that myself. I still need to install the spare tire carrier and deck lock-box for my straps, chocks, tools, fluids, etc. and more l-track for a third bike wheel chock and Bike Binderz. They have an electric brake upgrade but I honestly don't think it needs it given its light weight and the weight of the items that will likely be transported on it. One could easily use it for a single row SxS or golf cart as well.

I paid a smidge over $4K for it brand new and Aluma gives you a five-year warranty which is almost unheard of. This was one of a few they had inventory and they discounted it to get it to that price and that was one of the main drivers in my decision to purchase it. I have seen the same trailer as high as $5900 in other states so I feel like I did ok with this purchase. I love the fancy aluminum wheels but I have some steel 15" wheels en route and I plan to slap some small BFG KO2's on them to give it a touch more clearance and a more fitting rugged/off-road look since it'll mostly see duty as a dirt bike hauler lol.

Some might see this as a ridiculous/extravagant purchase for dirt bikes as this trailers target market is for pricey baggers that cost $40K+, but this will be a lifetime trailer for myself and it's hard to beat the long term durability of an aluminum trailer when compared to steel with a wood deck. All I know is that I love it and it towed like a dream this past weekend, I never even knew it was back there over the 300+ miles I traveled with it and it's the first thing I've bought in a long time that my wife actually approved of lol.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I beefed up the trailer with some more rugged meats in a bigger size. I ditched the 14" aluminum wheels and moved up to a 15" steel wheel in order to run the smallest BFG KO2 they offer lol. It's a ridiculous upgrade but I love the "offroad" look, they roll better and have the same load rating as the ones they replaced. They actually give the trailer another inch of ground clearance and they are more fitting for the terrain that the trailer will see while transporting dirt bikes. I plan to keep the nice aluminum wheels around and mount one as a spare.

oezltQa.jpg

xoyxrY0.jpg

zaRMNNc.jpg

tWjE72T.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Cycra Ultra ProBend HCM hand guards installed. It's crazy, but these things stay out of stock more often than they are available. I backordered them when I purchased the bike and they just now came in. I am happy to have more protection for my hands and levers.

G19q0Am.jpg

bhBOIc8.jpg

dvu9eiP.jpg

d1fO2Wq.jpg

w0Tn54u.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles