Tex's 2019 LX 570

Tex68w

Beach Bum
So momma and I have been drooling over 200-series Land Cruisers for some time now, 4+ years to be exact. She has never asked for anything of me or in life in general other than to eventually have her own new Land Cruiser. A few weeks back we went to test drive a 2019 200-series Land Cruiser and for sake of comparison, a 2019 LX 570. She loved them both but she was really drawn to the interior appointments of the Lexus. As much as it pains me to admit it, the LX is her choice of the two and if I am doing this for her then I need to buy what makes her the happiest and bring home the LX.

I wrapped a deal on a Nebula Gray Pearl and we will be picking it up Friday. This will be somewhat of a surprise and double as her anniversary gift. So far I have Husky mats on the way, Slee sliders on order, and some BFG KO2's in a 275/60/20 (33x11) en route to fit on the factory wheels which will go on next week. This will be a great start for this truck and if a few months to a year down the line she is still happy (myself as well), then we can plan on keeping her for the long run and adding bumpers, winch, LRA aux tank, etc.

Here she is, filthy from transport.

zVZTrJu.jpg

Pics of another local LX on 275/60's on stock hoops. That is what it'll look like come next week.

06oxHIE.jpg

2SSUAyP.jpg

Last edited:

JakeH

Adventurer
Damn bro, that is a nice truck! My dad has had a few 200s over the years & is currently in a 2017 LX570. You are going to love that thing on long trips! The suspension is far more comfortable than the land cruiser's. I've never seen one modified in any way before, looks pretty nice. I am confused about how you're going to get sliders & a winch squeezed around all that body work though...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Congrats Tex. Almost pulled the trigger on a 2016 last week, and I agree, the interior seems much nicer in the LX.

Agreed, very supple leather.

Damn bro, that is a nice truck! My dad has had a few 200s over the years & is currently in a 2017 LX570. You are going to love that thing on long trips! The suspension is far more comfortable than the land cruiser's. I've never seen one modified in any way before, looks pretty nice. I am confused about how you're going to get sliders & a winch squeezed around all that body work though...

Sliders are easy, Slee has had them out for a hot minute and they simply replace the body clad steps. They also provide LED lights with them as well so you don't lose that feature which is nice. In regards to the front and rear bumpers and all of the plastic body work, you simply have to cut. Right now the only front winch bumper I am aware of that can be adapted to the LX is the ARB. Fingers crossed someone will come out with one specifically for the LX or at least one that is easily modified in order to fit the LX *Slee cough *Dissent cough.

You sure do have a lot of build threads:cool:

Haha. Maybe you'll continue buy them when I am done haha.

Congrats! That's a great choice.

I'll confirm what was said about the AHC suspension above. It's an amazing piece of engineering that really seems to do great in all conditions.

It's very rugged and lasts untouched for a decade plus. It has its detractors and those that would prefer standard shocks and KDSS, but there's no denying that AHC is the superior system for a stock or lightly modded vehicle. Apparently Christo has 35's on his personal 570, but I can't foresee ever wanting to go larger than 33's on this vehicle.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
WHAT?! Tell me you are not really going to start cutting plastic on a truck that cost 6 digits.

LOL, not anytime soon. The sliders don't require any cutting so they will go on when they arrive, whenever that is.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
LOL, not anytime soon. The sliders don't require any cutting so they will go on when they arrive, whenever that is.

I cut the steps on my 570 instead of buying new rockers when I got my slee sliders. Once you pop the tread out of the steps you really only need to make two small cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Got the new rubber fitted today at Discount Tire. I ended up with BFG KO2's in a 275/60/20 which translates to a 33x11x20, IMHO it's just about perfect. Improved ride quality due to the taller sidewall and only a slight increase in road noise. I'll have to get through a tank of fuel to see how it effected the fuel economy, but I expect about a 1mpg decrease at highway speeds.

3jJmtc0.jpg

Pictured in order at High-Neutral-Low ride heights.

kSD13vv.jpg

eoFdPVd.jpg

taMlFci.jpg

Sc1WCvZ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94