Tex's 2019 LX 570

tbisaacs

Adventurer
They are extremely well built, it is honestly one of if not the best built trailers I have ever seen for that particular market. I would prefer the MXT for the motorcycle rail up front since the majority of my travel now includes dirt bikes. They are a tad long but that also makes them easier to maneuver in reverse. After that particular outing I have come to the realization that a trailer just isn't what I want or need. I prefer to sleep inside of my vehicle and not having to deal with a trailer is one less thing to worry about.

I've found my preference overall to be a FWC or AT Habitat/camper system for a truck and if in a SUV I prefer to sleep inside. If the latter isn't ideal due to interior layout or gear/space needs then I would elect to use a RTT before committing to a trailer and I hate RTT's lol. If you are in the market for a tear drop type off-road trailer then the ITW should be at the top of the list.

Thanks! Real curious about this setup. I’ve got two little girls but I really don’t want a travel trailer, and tired of a ground tent. Thinning that this plus an RTT might be a viable option for 3 season camping but not be as limiting as a travel trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The GX is getting some love next week in the way of a lift so the LX will have to wait even longer now for some upgrades of her own. For the LX I have Slee sliders on order and I am starting the search for Tundra 18" wheels soon for the eventual move to BFG 35's with wheel spacers (BMC to follow). It'll look very similar to the one shown below but only with the 2016+ front end (yes those are BFG 35x12.50's). I sure hope someone comes out with a proper winch bumper option for this era LX in the next 12-24 months.

zNr2t1Y.jpg

TheNatural

Thanks for the real world feedback on the LX. I have been dreaming about one for a while - considering going full size for my next build (currently in a 2012 Tacoma). I don't really "need" the space, but I'm no longer doing the sorts of technical offroad trails that I was doing when I got the Tacoma so I'm willing to make some trade offs for more comfort next time. Really just using it to go camping, tow a trailer with ATV's on it, daily driver duty, etc.

The adjustable height suspension - Do you have full control of the Hi/Neutral/Low settings or are there limits to what it will let you do (such as only being in Hi under xx speed as a "slow moving offroad feature")? I've heard people mentioning an "AHC lift" too but haven't found an explanation... are they just setting it to Hi and calling it a lift or is there some reprogramming that can be done to get more adjustability? I kind of like the idea of the AHC - better handling and aerodynamics on the highway while keeping some ground clearance handy for when you want it - but my limited google skills haven't turned up too much about how it works in the real world.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Thanks for the real world feedback on the LX. I have been dreaming about one for a while - considering going full size for my next build (currently in a 2012 Tacoma). I don't really "need" the space, but I'm no longer doing the sorts of technical offroad trails that I was doing when I got the Tacoma so I'm willing to make some trade offs for more comfort next time. Really just using it to go camping, tow a trailer with ATV's on it, daily driver duty, etc.

The adjustable height suspension - Do you have full control of the Hi/Neutral/Low settings or are there limits to what it will let you do (such as only being in Hi under xx speed as a "slow moving offroad feature")? I've heard people mentioning an "AHC lift" too but haven't found an explanation... are they just setting it to Hi and calling it a lift or is there some reprogramming that can be done to get more adjustability? I kind of like the idea of the AHC - better handling and aerodynamics on the highway while keeping some ground clearance handy for when you want it - but my limited google skills haven't turned up too much about how it works in the real world.

AHC Lift is a mechanical adjustment of the height control sensors. It usually nets 1.5” over neutral height. Low and high functions are retained.

TheNatural

AHC Lift is a mechanical adjustment of the height control sensors. It usually nets 1.5” over neutral height. Low and high functions are retained.

Thanks a bunch. That sounds about perfect. I see in your sig you have an '08.. mind if I ask how that AHC system holds up over time? And.. can you cruise down the freeway with it set to Hi? Toyota seems to love putting speed limits on those sorts of features.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Thanks a bunch. That sounds about perfect. I see in your sig you have an '08.. mind if I ask how that AHC system holds up over time? And.. can you cruise down the freeway with it set to Hi? Toyota seems to love putting speed limits on those sorts of features.

AHC is fine. I replaced all 4 shocks at 105k due to a small leak. It was a non issue-the shocks themselves are cheap.

Truck has 130k on it now and it rides like a Caddie.

Truck lowers from high at ~ 20mph. I wouldn’t want to drive much faster in high. With the 1.5” AHC lift + normal 2” you get in high it would be super sketchy.

Tex68w

Beach Bum

The changes in height from one setting to the next are predetermined and set but like @tbisaacs said, you can gain more lift from the settings with the AHC sensor lift mod, there are even those who have created longer sensor slides to gain even more over that. It drops out of high mode at 20 mph. If you plan to go larger than 33's you will need the AHC sensor lift mod and if you want a 35 you will certainly have to do some fender liner and pinch weld trimming along with a body mount chop.

The Lexus with AHC drives like a dream with all of the creature comforts you could ask for and if all you're going to be doing is light off-road with the occasional towing of toys then the LC/LX is a fantastic vehicle, but know that it can do a whole lot more when needed. The only drawback to these trucks, other than the price, is the fuel economy.

Here is another members 200 with 35's, he did everything I listed above.

Fm2sQvZ.jpg

Sweet more HTX folks. Love the LX.

Just a tad south but close enough to count haha. Thanks for the kind words, momma enjoys driving it to work haha.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
With the GX down and out and waiting on repairs after the fender bender, we ended up taking the LX to the beach for the weekend. It's funny how many stares and looks you get crawling through 1-2 foot deep sand in this thing, especially when everyone else out there is in a pickup and quite a few of them stuck as well lol. The LX is definitely heavier and not as agile as the GX in the soft stuff but it did quite well and made for a comfortable spot for us to sleep with the rear seats folded up. @gentimmy came down from Dallas and joined us for the weekend, it was a great time and a solid weekend of relaxation. It's nice to be able to escape the monotony of this stay at home BS and get back to some sense of normal life and leisure time.

s3MPsvP.jpg

mbennett22

The GX is getting some love next week in the way of a lift so the LX will have to wait even longer now for some upgrades of her own. For the LX I have Slee sliders on order and I am starting the search for Tundra 18" wheels soon for the eventual move to BFG 35's with wheel spacers (BMC to follow). It'll look very similar to the one shown below but only with the 2016+ front end (yes those are BFG 35x12.50's). I sure hope someone comes out with a proper winch bumper option for this era LX in the next 12-24 months.

zNr2t1Y.jpg
Have you looked into Dissent Offroad, they have some great stuff he may have what you are looking for and if not I know he can build it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Have you looked into Dissent Offroad, they have some great stuff he may have what you are looking for and if not I know he can build it.

Yea they have some killer 200 series LC stuff but nothing specifically for the 2016+ LX570 front end.

mbennett22

Yea they have some killer 200 series LC stuff but nothing specifically for the 2016+ LX570 front end.
I wonder if you give him a buzz he may get something going on it. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there in your shoes looking for a good bumper for there LX570. I have been following him for quit a while as we have a 98 LX470 and need to put some armor on to protect our older model vehicle cause I know insurance won't give a rats ass and would pay low blue book.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've reached out to a lot of shops, same for on the the even more popular GX460 and neither are a top priority for most shops most likely from a sales volume stand point. It takes a donor vehicle and weeks if not months to develop this stuff and then the prospect of ROI on that venture has to outweigh that initial capital and time spent in R&D. Luckily in regards to the GX460 we are slowly getting more products on the market. Maybe in the next few years the same will follow for the late model LX?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior