Tex's 2019 LX 570

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I just did a 165 mile round trip to the city and back with speeds averaging 60-70mph and I averaged 18.3mpg. I can live with that with the 33's.

CSG

Explorer
Yeah, I get much better MPG on the freeway but I drive slower than the 80 MPH limits here. My 15-16 is the 10 mile trip to town, errands, and back.

moose545

Gorgeous truck but not much can be done to mod the suspension lift wise from what I've read, great rig for hauling and towing, great interior, definitely more attractive than the LC inside, mod wise not so much.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Gorgeous truck but not much can be done to mod the suspension lift wise from what I've read, great rig for hauling and towing, great interior, definitely more attractive than the LC inside, mod wise not so much.

Thanks for the kind words, we are fans as well haha. The AHC mod is about it in regards to a lift and that puts it in the High mode for normal driving. I used it in High one time and that was when we had major flooding a few months back lol. If I want a modded 200 I'll go get a Land Cruiser, this is mommas ride and she likes it as is.

RichFW

Tex, I know I’m late to this thread but just found it today. I bought a 2018 LX 570 in April of 2018 and drove it from the dealership directly to Discount tire and put BFG Ko2’s on it. 20k miles later I still love them. They test fit 275 60 20’s but told me they would rub the upper control arm (it did look very close) so I went with the 275 55’s 20’s. You are the second person I’ve found that runs the 60’s. Do they hit the control arm at all? I’d like to run the larger size if possible.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

6042F044-80BA-4F1D-8239-FA6DCED8D970.jpegF72A2B6A-4FA8-43A2-A01E-C0E0CA6088B2.jpeg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Tex, I know I’m late to this thread but just found it today. I bought a 2018 LX 570 in April of 2018 and drove it from the dealership directly to Discount tire and put BFG Ko2’s on it. 20k miles later I still love them. They test fit 275 60 20’s but told me they would rub the upper control arm (it did look very close) so I went with the 275 55’s 20’s. You are the second person I’ve found that runs the 60’s. Do they hit the control arm at all? I’d like to run the larger size if possible.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

View attachment 531866View attachment 531868

No issues whatsoever in regards to the 275/60's rubbing anything in any of the three AHC modes.

I love the color choice, yours looks great. Did you buy yours at Sewell Fort Worth? Ours was located at that dealer and then was transferred to Westside Lexus in Katy to complete the deal. I wouldn't bother upsizing until you need new rubber and when it comes to KO2's that could be years lol.

We absolutely love it and the misses can't ask for much better haha. My pocket book can't afford a new G-Wagen or Porsche GTS or Turbo lol.

NaD3JFR.jpg

JakeH

Adventurer
Didnt realize you were so close Tex, I'm in HTX as well. Grew up in Katy & remember when they built that dealership as a matter of fact. Such a weird setup there, with their service center back on a side street. Cant live on the west side any more though, too many people these days

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Didnt realize you were so close Tex, I'm in HTX as well. Grew up in Katy & remember when they built that dealership as a matter of fact. Such a weird setup there, with their service center back on a side street. Cant live on the west side any more though, too many people these days

We are actually down in Bay City but we are in Houston often for most of our needs lol. I couldn't live in Houston unless someone offered me a salary of $300K+ a year, it's just not worth it. The other 2016+ LX with the 275/60's in the same color as yours that I have pictured on the first page is actually in Fulshear, and @AFdude has his new modded 2019 somewhere in Houston as well.

RichFW

No issues whatsoever in regards to the 275/60's rubbing anything in any of the three AHC modes.

I love the color choice, yours looks great. Did you buy yours at Sewell Fort Worth? Ours was located at that dealer and then was transferred to Westside Lexus in Katy to complete the deal. I wouldn't bother upsizing until you need new rubber and when it comes to KO2's that could be years lol.

We absolutely love it and the misses can't ask for much better haha. My pocket book can't afford a new G-Wagen or Porsche GTS or Turbo lol.

NaD3JFR.jpg
Thanks Tex for the info. I'll try the 60's next time but you are right, my tires still look brand new with 20k miles on them so it could be a while.

I did buy it from Sewell. I live in Fort Worth and they close by. They were easy to deal with. I had a 2013 LX before this one and its just hard to beat these cars! Thanks for the info!

RichFW

We are actually down in Bay City but we are in Houston often for most of our needs lol. I couldn't live in Houston unless someone offered me a salary of $300K+ a year, it's just not worth it. The other 2016+ LX with the 275/60's in the same color as yours that I have pictured on the first page is actually in Fulshear, and @AFdude has his new modded 2019 somewhere in Houston as well.
The 2016 that you posted in the earlier thread was actually the one I found last April (in 2018) and was the reason I ended up going with that color and tire set up. He motivated me to go by the Lexus dealer and look.

JakeH

Adventurer
My wife's Mercedes was bought at the Sewell location out in Katy & that place is amazing--It is beyond me why nobody has ever thought of an indoor air conditioned car lot before... Hundreds of brand new luxury cars to look at in 72 degree perfect comfort. In July. In Houston. Genius

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I just realized that I haven't updated this page in a while. Nothing has changed with the LX, we are almost up to 9,000 trouble free miles and we still love it. I've slept inside of it twice now, it does quite well with the seats rolled forward. I love waking up in the morning and popping open the hatch with the key fob to a cozy view haha. My buddies get a kick out of it too! I am still kicking around the idea of deleting the AHC system and building it out with a Tundra front end, King's and 35's but I have yet to commit to such an expensive build and we are still mulling over a 2016+ LC build or possibly waiting to see what the 2022/23 LX looks like.

Here are a few pics from the past few months.

u83nhHx.jpg

P9vS6K5.jpg

TjAPQnh.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Any details on that Boreas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are extremely well built, it is honestly one of if not the best built trailers I have ever seen for that particular market. I would prefer the MXT for the motorcycle rail up front since the majority of my travel now includes dirt bikes. They are a tad long but that also makes them easier to maneuver in reverse. After that particular outing I have come to the realization that a trailer just isn't what I want or need. I prefer to sleep inside of my vehicle and not having to deal with a trailer is one less thing to worry about.

I've found my preference overall to be a FWC or AT Habitat/camper system for a truck and if in a SUV I prefer to sleep inside. If the latter isn't ideal due to interior layout or gear/space needs then I would elect to use a RTT before committing to a trailer and I hate RTT's lol. If you are in the market for a tear drop type off-road trailer then the ITW should be at the top of the list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles