Tex's 2019 GX460 build

tennesseewj

Observer
I hope someone from Lexus's design team sees this when they get ready to do a styling refresh in this model.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I hope someone from Lexus's design team sees this when they get ready to do a styling refresh in this model.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hahaha, the front isn't much different from the cut that will be needed in order to install the CBI Hybrid. They definitely shouldn't have gotten so far away from the 2010-13 front ends but Lexus went all in across their entire product range on the spindle grille so I am not surprised. I definitely like this "trimmed" look much better than it was prior but it'll simply be a stop gap until I hang some proper bumpers off of her. Word is that the GX will be replaced with an entirely different model after 2022, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Stocker next to ours for comparison.

6BNr82j.jpg

w4AJ1x6.jpg

hI079ln.jpg

64M3lUe.jpg

ITTOG

Definitely a different look. I liked the plastic but I am sure it will look better when you get the bumpers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I got tagged by a "non-citizen" yesterday leaving the gas station, 120% his fault. He tried to leave the scene and act as if he didn't speak english, my threatening to call the cops in both english and spanish as I snapped pics of his license plate and his face with my phone was enough to get him to reconsider fleeing, not surprised as this is typical behavior. Sadly this is more than likely going to be a claim on my uninsured drivers policy, it's lovely dealing with these types and they receive no consequences for their actions and lack of responsibility. I'm not looking forward to my increased premiums. Luckily the damage wasn't severe and was localized to the front bumper alone so hopefully I can parley this into a winch bumper instead of replacing the factory plastic piece.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Man that is not what you want to happen. Super frustrating. Probably half of the accident stories I hear of down here include uninsured drivers at fault. It's a sad reality.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Man that is not what you want to happen. Super frustrating. Probably half of the accident stories I hear of down here include uninsured drivers at fault. It's a sad reality.

Yea, it's the sad reality of living in the south near the border and the large majority of the country has no idea what it is like to deal with this stuff day in and day out and watch the culprits walk as they knowingly cheat the system without responsibility or repurcussions. It's infuriating and frustrating and unless you've experienced it first hand it's so easy to broadly protect these types and label those who complain as bigots and racists when we are in fact the actual victim. I feel like we live in a bizarro world here at times.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Yea, it's the sad reality of living in the south near the border and the large majority of the country has no idea what it is like to deal with this stuff day in and day out and watch the culprits walk as they knowingly cheat the system without responsibility or repurcussions. It's infuriating and frustrating and unless you've experienced it first hand it's so easy to broadly protect these types and label those who complain as bigots and racists when we are in fact the actual victim. I feel like we live in a bizarro world here at times.
I feel you... I'm in San Diego and I cant tell you how many people I know this has happened to. What's worse is my gov is sending these people $500 each during the pandemic.

But either way, NEW BUMPER BABY GET THE WINCH BUMPER!!! "No Honey, we're only paying for half of it!"

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I feel you... I'm in San Diego and I cant tell you how many people I know this has happened to. What's worse is my gov is sending these people $500 each during the pandemic.

But either way, NEW BUMPER BABY GET THE WINCH BUMPER!!! "No Honey, we're only paying for half of it!"

HAHA, exactly! She's getting a bumper now regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier