Tex's 2019 GX460 build

GTV

275/65 is the same height as your current 255/70’s and there are quite a few choices in that size.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
275/65 is the same height as your current 255/70’s and there are quite a few choices in that size.

Yea the 275 is 10.8" wide like the 285/70's I have on the SCS wheels pictured in my previous post. I wouldn't move to a 275 when the 255's on the vehicle are the same height and only 3/4" slimmer than the 275's and they only have 8,000 miles on them. I also have a full set of the 285/70's pictured in the last post so I'd only need to pick up a matching spare and and I could run the taller and wider 285's easily as well. I am just questioning whether or not I care to at the moment is all.

Lmg

I'll admit that I am very torn here. If I go ARB it will have to be the 150 series Prado version sourced via an over seas vendor and I will likely have to pay a shop (Duggy's) a pretty penny to install it and make sure it's cut and done properly so that all of the sensors and lights washers, etc. work properly. The CBI Hybrid is simple and something I can easily do in the driveway and keep the vehicle looking stock and subtle. The ARB full wrap definitely screams "off-road" and doesn't help it to blend in.

A few more shots of the Lexus CA build.

f6BKElZ.jpg

G29y1v3.jpg

CxuiEV9.jpg

The ARB Prado bumpers are stocked in the ARB Florida distribution center. As far as I can tell, all of the USA dealers have access to them.
If you want the recovery points, which are no longer a part of the bumper, better place your order as soon as you make a decision, as there is currently not a complete set of left and right in the USA.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The ARB Prado bumpers are stocked in the ARB Florida distribution center. As far as I can tell, all of the USA dealers have access to them.
If you want the recovery points, which are no longer a part of the bumper, better place your order as soon as you make a decision, as there is currently not a complete set of left and right in the USA.

I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to additional recovery points, please do explain. And yes, they come out of Florida, I believe there only a few in the states at the moment. The ARB is definitely a much pricier bumper when compared to the Ironman version. By the time you pay for the fog lights and lenses you are nearly $1K more than the Ironman, it definitely makes you think about whether not the juice is worth the squeeze. Does the Ironman come with a similar recovery option?

Wallygator

Adventurer
I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to additional recovery points, please do explain. And yes, they come out of Florida, I believe there only a few in the states at the moment. The ARB is definitely a much pricier bumper when compared to the Ironman version. By the time you pay for the fog lights and lenses you are nearly $1K more than the Ironman, it definitely makes you think about whether not the juice is worth the squeeze. Does the Ironman come with a similar recovery option?

Don't know but Ironman makes quality products and for a $1000 I would probably pass on the ARB, as that is a pretty big difference in price. I had Ironman suspension on my '89 FJ62. Quality stuff and no different than the ARB suspension I have had in the past except for the price.

Lmg

Recently I noticed a lot of chatter on recovery points, and wondered why. i have a GX 460 bumper waiting on install, so I looked for recovery points. There are none. ARB and Ironman, and some US fabricators are offereing recovery points as a separate item now. The ARB recovery points are supposed to be installed before the bumper goes on, however some have reported being able to work around that.

ARB recovery points have the best strength specs and are the only ones I found which will let you pull at an angle, up to the max angle of the front wheels at full lock position either way. Others I found limit pulls to straight ahead only.

ARB part numbers for the 460 are 282102 and 282103. Supposed to be available in US in about one month.

The bumpers are stocked in Florida for the South American market, so I would expect that there would be a reliable supply there. However recently I was told that there were none in stock there, and not a pair of recovery points available there. However if you are just wanting one, I was able to find a couple of singles supposedly in stock at vendors, However in the past, I have found vendors to be unreliable about what they actually have in stock.

As to why ARB no longer has recovery points on these bumpers, I am not sure. Was wondering if there was an accident and or lawsuit. I have had 2 previous ARB front bumpers, they had recovery points.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Recently I noticed a lot of chatter on recovery points, and wondered why. i have a GX 460 bumper waiting on install, so I looked for recovery points. There are none. ARB and Ironman, and some US fabricators are offereing recovery points as a separate item now. The ARB recovery points are supposed to be installed before the bumper goes on, however some have reported being able to work around that.

ARB recovery points have the best strength specs and are the only ones I found which will let you pull at an angle, up to the max angle of the front wheels at full lock position either way. Others I found limit pulls to straight ahead only.

ARB part numbers for the 460 are 282102 and 282103. Supposed to be available in US in about one month.

The bumpers are stocked in Florida for the South American market, so I would expect that there would be a reliable supply there. However recently I was told that there were none in stock there, and not a pair of recovery points available there. However if you are just wanting one, I was able to find a couple of singles supposedly in stock at vendors, However in the past, I have found vendors to be unreliable about what they actually have in stock.

As to why ARB no longer has recovery points on these bumpers, I am not sure. Was wondering if there was an accident and or lawsuit. I have had 2 previous ARB front bumpers, they had recovery points.

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I have seen other tow hook options out there for the 460, this is one of them https://www.treatyoakoffroad.com/product/gx460-5th-gen-4runner-recovery-point.

There is currently one, yes one, late model Prado 150 Warn bumper available for all of the Americas at the Florida warehouse. I have to admit once I look at it on paper, the price difference between the ARB and Ironman is rather drastic for what is a very similar product. I do like the separate winch plate as well, makes for a stronger mount and easier install. The install of the Ironman is easier in regards to trimming the factory bumper as well, getting install quotes as high as $1400 to custom fit the ARB Prado to the GX, while I am pretty sure that I could do the Ironman myself if not have it installed for far less. Or at least I hope so lol. The difference in the prices would almost completely cover the cost of the winch, that's nothing to sneeze at.

I like both bumpers, the ARB definitely takes a little more work to fit cleanly though.

ARB

gXs3RZS.jpg

ea6Jh2M.jpg

Sd3fCJE.jpg

Ironman

DHujUGy.jpg

Rimy3TY.jpg

lbDLwIp.jpg

Not sure who makes this one???

c1EC94Q.jpg

JakeH

Adventurer
Iron man sells rated recovery points for the 460, though I didnt see any comment on what angles you can pull at. I'm digging that small lift man... I never end up modding my vehicles, but I imagine if I did it would be that same pro cell lift, the iron man bumper & full underbody plates with a nice onboard air system rolling on just over stock tires. That would plenty for my situation.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Iron man sells rated recovery points for the 460, though I didnt see any comment on what angles you can pull at. I'm digging that small lift man... I never end up modding my vehicles, but I imagine if I did it would be that same pro cell lift, the iron man bumper & full underbody plates with a nice onboard air system rolling on just over stock tires. That would plenty for my situation.

That's basically what I'll have lol.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Front set at 2" for now. Looking forward to bumping it up another 1/2", trimming the side steps for sliders and the front for a bumper. It's very hard to tell it's lifted with all of that plastic hanging down lol. Ride is 98% as smooth and compliant as factory but much improved off-road and no more brake dive.

QHd7XTX.jpg

QQ1hsfO.jpg

pfFcKBf.jpg

NsvaTcG.jpg

Ok2h7LK.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I hit the beach early this morning to catch the tide just right. The local surf hounds were out at "the spot" waiting for things to get crisp. The GX did great, it feels better in the soft/loose sand with the Ironman FCP's, I think the firmer suspension keeps the front end brake dive to a minimum which reduces the dive and push effect in the soft stuff. Very pleased with how they handle the rolling sand at 40-50 mph. I can't wait to get the bigger tires, bumper, and sliders on, it still looks too much like a fancy soccer mom rig.

A few pics from my morning stroll on the beach down in Matagorda, TX:

GIWW Lock @ Matagorda and the Colorado River

SYUPAew.jpg

East Matagorda Bay just after sunrise

HLeiu6x.jpg

Low tide

urPFxy0.jpg

cZPegha.jpg

ZLRpDM6.jpg

aRJY1Tr.jpg

Heading north to the back lake trail access

XafckBt.jpg