Tex's 2019 GX460 build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Great pics and cool area....also...

Thanks for not posting the nude pics! Really appreciated. :D

I love taking pics, I really should invest in a new mirrorless setup, everything I post on here is a simple iPhone snap.

Lol, in the past year and a half of us frequenting the beach and rolling through that area I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone nude or even topless down there haha. When 90% of those I pass on the beach are retirement age I guess I can consider myself lucky in that regard lol.

ITTOG

***Bumper update***

To keep a long story short, I think I was in the beginning stages of a scam. Needless to say, the Ironman isn't coming. I got my money back but I am now back to square one in regards to a bumper. PM me if you care to know more about the characters involved. Not sure if I am going to move forward with an Ironman, ARB, or wait for the CBI Hybrid now, giving me options always makes things more difficult lol.

A few quick photos I snapped after leaving the hardware store today. I love the new stance but I need to cut some more plastic off of this girl, it's just too much and I hate it. Sliders and a front bumper can't come soon enough.

7OkMply.jpg

xNim1FJ.jpg
Sorry about the bumper troubles. I have a hard time imagining what an after market bumper will look like on your Lexus because everything is so integrated. I hope it turns out for you. I assume you have seen one with a big steel aftermarket bumper?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Sorry about the bumper troubles. I have a hard time imagining what an after market bumper will look like on your Lexus because everything is so integrated. I hope it turns out for you. I assume you have seen one with a big steel aftermarket bumper?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Oh yea, plenty of them out there. The Ironman and ARB do a good job of blending into the lines but there’s a lot of cutting/trimming to graft it into the body work properly.

JakeH

Adventurer
Was your potential bumper scam a private sale issue, or is the Ironman USA website not safe to order from? Not asking for names or details, just making sure a legit company wasn't involved in that?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Was your potential bumper scam a private sale issue, or is the Ironman USA website not safe to order from? Not asking for names or details, just making sure a legit company wasn't involved in that?

Ironman is GTG, this was a private sell from a seller on the Facebook GXOR page but he also has a overland focused business in Oregon as well. PM me if you want more details.

gxout

I considered the MMR's as well and I felt that the FCP, based upon talking to those with the kit, would be a better everyday option. The sale at the time didn't hurt either. Go for the new MMR's so that we can get some feedback on them for further comparison. I am in the Houston area as well.

Were you driving down Kirby around 12:30? Saw a white lifted GX driving down Kirby that looked great. Still debating the new MRAs, but the the preorders on CBI's GXOR bumper just opened so have some hard decisions to make.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Were you driving down Kirby around 12:30? Saw a white lifted GX driving down Kirby that looked great. Still debating the new MRAs, but the the preorders on CBI's GXOR bumper just opened so have some hard decisions to make.

No that wasn't me but I was there last week lol. Considering the fact that nearly 70% of all late model GX's that I see on the road are white I am not surprised lol. I got the email this morning, I am not digging the nearly $2K price tag after shipping, I think I am going to pass. I wish the skid plates weren't pushing $600 too.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We hit the beach down in Sargent, TX today. It is a much narrower waterfront than what Matagorda or PINS has to offer. Sea fog rolled in as we were down there, it's crazy how in under a minute we went from a beautiful sunny day to less than 100yds visibility. This was the first time that we had the GX twisted up in off-camber situations since we installed the Ironman FCP kit and I have to admit that I was extremely pleased with how it performed.

3d4cXgN.jpg

2wtkvmo.jpg

LfmLuJ8.jpg

zGUs3zJ.jpg

cgFoN8q.jpg

A9hsqIS.jpg

HwQhnYs.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I have a trip planned out to Big Bend next month to ride dirt bikes/dual sports with some buddies and I am taking the GX along with two other friends. I still can't believe that there aren't any USB or 12V outlets in the second row and that's simply unacceptable for the back seat passenger(s) on a 8-10 hour drive. I started installing the dual USB port on the back of the center console facia in order to rectify this injustice lol. I plan to wire it up by the end of the week. It's a cheap and easy mod to add but it should be standard from the factory like the Asian and Euro markets get.

UpL12Yr.jpg

SC03MEq.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles