Tex's 2019 GX460 build

Tex68w

Beach Bum
So what is this replacing?
Too bad you sold the other one after having done so much work to it.
Or will this one be staying stock?
Save the 'build' for the 2023 Super Duty Tremor? lol

What you see is what you get with this one. Short of tinting the front windows and adding a hitch receiver, it'll stay as it looks. This will be a daily use town car with the occasional run to site for work and possibly down to the beach since the GX/4Runners do well in the sand.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
What you see is what you get with this one. Short of tinting the front windows and adding a hitch receiver, it'll stay as it looks. This will be a daily use town car with the occasional run to site for work and possibly down to the beach since the GX/4Runners do well in the sand.
So did you add to the fleet or sell one of the other vehicles?

Nick B

Observer
Well there's officially a GX460 back in our garage. Earlier today we picked up a new 2022 GX460 Premium in Caviar (black interior) with a few options. I took it straight from the dealer to Discount Tire and had them throw on a set of BFG KO2's in the 275/65/18 size (32.1x10.8x18) on the way home. I am happy to report no rubbing after the swap.

This will be my wife's around town daily, grocery getter, week day ride. We are anxiously awaiting the GX550 and this one will hold us over nicely until those are readily available in another 18-24 months if not longer. Part of me hopes it gets to stick around for the long haul as a third vehicle as I really like the idea of having one of the last mid-size 4WD SUV's with a V8.

Dp3zPtr.jpg
Did you also switch out the spare to the new size ?

VeloBadger

Nice! I’m picking up the same vehicle later this week and was debating what size tires I could get on the stock setup for a truck with basically the same use plan. Now I know. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
How was the fit ? Did you have to let some air out ?

Fit in there at 40psi without issue. If you have the full Class IV OEM hitch it's possible it might touch, mine does not have that and I ran the smaller Class III hitch on my 2019 without issue.

TLC Norway

Fun build you had there! Did you end up installing the cc and mts? Looking into it now, trying to find what I need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94