Tex's 200 Series

KruegerB

I've had Kings on my 200 for about a year now - performance on bad roads is really impressive. Taking it on a longer trip this next spring so interested to see how they do then. As an aside, the guys at Total Chaos were very helpful so the customer service there probably swayed me too...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had these ABS guards on a few other Toyota vehicles in the past after destroying a sensor. I am happy to have them on the 200 now as well.

H97m5Lp.jpg

y8BSsB6.jpg

GJr8yVD.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I received these LED under hood lights as a Christmas gift from the misses. We don't find ourselves under the hood of these vehicles that often due to how reliable they are but I have been wanting some dedicated under hood lights for use with my compressor in low light conditions. I also figure that as it ages I'll find myself in there more often and they could come in handy for routine maintenance and for other uses as well.

This kit while nice, tells you to simply drill a 1/8" hole and then use a supplied self-tapping screw to mount them but I wasn't keen on a fresh hole in the hood substructure if I could help it. I didn't want to lose the insulating material as a whole nor did I want to cut into it for the lights to be flush mounted to the metal either so I sat around for a few minutes and considered my alternatives. I decided that the cleanest install would be to hide the wiring under the insulating material and then use longer push pins within already existing push pin holes to secure the lights. This would only require a small incision in the insulating mat under the lights to recess and hide the wiring for a cleaner install. I think it turned out great and the supplied labeled toggle switch is a nice piece as well. I made use of a grommet I had lying around to protect the wires coming out of the hood from the sharp edge and it cleaned up the look a bit too. The switch and ground wire are mounted to one of the existing ground junctions on the fender near the battery and the power wire is fused.

Overall I am very happy with how they turned out and they do a great job of lighting up the engine bay. The only thing I might add would be a pin switch that would automatically turn off the lights should I forget to before closing the hood. At $90 the kit includes the corrugated wire loom, switch, harness and lights, for the money I don't think that these can be beat.

pwklBVx.jpg

E45gLvJ.jpg

6zKYF9a.jpg

z5NHRSO.jpg

7EnnFgv.jpg

mLwtDPo.jpg

Ny9gsAQ.jpg

Qgek7t9.jpg

UigxFe7.jpg

tz8Gzo2.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I received these LED under hood lights as a Christmas gift from the misses. We don't find ourselves under the hood of these vehicles that often due to how reliable they are but I have been wanting some dedicated under hood lights for use with my compressor in low light conditions. I also figure that as it ages I'll find myself in there more often and they could come in handy for routine maintenance and for other uses as well.

This kit while nice, tells you to simply drill a 1/8" hole and then use a supplied self-tapping screw to mount them but I wasn't keen on a fresh hole in the hood substructure if I could help it. I didn't want to lose the insulating material as a whole nor did I want to cut into it for the lights to be flush mounted to the metal either so I sat around for a few minutes and considered my alternatives. I decided that the cleanest install would be to hide the wiring under the insulating material and then use longer push pins within already existing push pin holes to secure the lights. This would only require a small incision in the insulating mat under the lights to recess and hide the wiring for a cleaner install. I think it turned out great and the supplied labeled toggle switch is a nice piece as well. I made use of a grommet I had lying around to protect the wires coming out of the hood from the sharp edge and it cleaned up the look a bit too. The switch and ground wire are mounted to one of the existing ground junctions on the fender near the battery and the power wire is fused.

Overall I am very happy with how they turned out and they do a great job of lighting up the engine bay. The only thing I might add would be a pin switch that would automatically turn off the lights should I forget to before closing the hood. At $90 the kit includes the corrugated wire loom, switch, harness and lights, for the money I don't think that these can be beat.

pwklBVx.jpg

E45gLvJ.jpg

6zKYF9a.jpg

z5NHRSO.jpg

7EnnFgv.jpg

mLwtDPo.jpg

Ny9gsAQ.jpg

Qgek7t9.jpg

UigxFe7.jpg

tz8Gzo2.jpg
So weird that under hood lights seem so uncommon now. I think every 80's car or truck I owned had one.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I received my black front recovery points from @TURBO8 today. I love how low profile they are and the black allows them to blend in with the surroundings and not stick out like a sore thumb like some other recovery points on the market.

Upon removing my factory tow points I had to hit the area with a wire wheel to remove the light surface rust/corrosion left over from the factory hardware and then I applied a few coats of Rustoleum black. The new recovery points come with new hardware to which I applied loctite. A great product from a great member offering new products for our 200's.

p1AJD0L.jpg

nAhmKVY.jpg

Kjvp7Y2.jpg

HyA65DE.jpg

jVaiRcE.jpg

4HtEkEH.jpg

wv340Ea.jpg

zdbMdR4.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
Nice truck. I'll still never understand the fascination with black wheels. But I'm old enough to remember back when one was embarassed to run black steel wheels, because it meant you couldn't afford hubcaps.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice truck. I'll still never understand the fascination with black wheels. But I'm old enough to remember back when one was embarassed to run black steel wheels, because it meant you couldn't afford hubcaps.

It's fashion/trends. Most don't care for chrome these days yet 30 years ago it was a sign of class and an upgrade from the standard. I originally wanted this wheel in "Dusk" which is a dark grey/anthracite but I wasn't willing to wait for them to come in from backorder. Black works with most any color and it's not silver or flashy like bronze can be. Different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94