Tex's 200 Series

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I was at a Lexus dealership the other day trolling for GXs, and was shocked to find the LX had less headroom than the GX. Even with the seat all the way down my hair was brushing the ceiling.

Oh well, not really in that market anyway. Carry on.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've never complained about head room in either vehicle but it's not exactly spacious in that regard either. I do recall buying a RAM 2500 without the sunroof because of the lack of headroom but that's the only recent vehicle purchase where I can recall it being an issue.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The OEM 10mm front coil spacers were installed today. It gives the truck a perfectly level look now, it helped with the front brake dive and now the trucks handling feels a little more sporty. 33's and leveled, I think this is how these should have come from the factory, the perfect combo for a daily that sees some light weekend warrior use. This will do for now and will keep me content until momma allows me to do a proper lift kit on it sometime next year.

1fsQtkB.jpg

VCKWg10.jpg

NC3hL3n.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had the alignment done post OEM Spacer install and it was only off slightly on the toe settings. In reality I could have gotten away with it without much issue but I didn't want to take any chances.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am finally getting around to installing the ARB Twin Air Compressor removed from GX and two prior 5th Gens. I decided to go with the Slee mount as their stuff worked well for me in the past. For now I plan to run a CH4x4 Toyota style switch in the dash switch bank to activate the compressor. When I get around to the second stage of the build (i.e. lift/wheels/tires/etc.) I'll install a Switch Pros SP-9100 along with other auxiliary lights.

I only installed the bracket and the manifold as I am currently waiting on the in-cab switch and a new wiring harness from ARB (apparently I damaged the old one when hastily removing it from the GX). I will need access to the firewall grommet to pass through the wiring harness once it arrives, so until then I have left the compressor itself uninstalled.

The install is fairly straightforward. Slee provides a new bracket for the air pump relays to get them tucked below the compressor bracket and you have to relocate the associated ground wire to a firewall stud. I was shorted a few pieces of hardware in the Slee kit which is unfortunate but I had to make a run to the hardware store for bolts to mount the compressor to the bracket so no harm or foul in the end. I'll update the thread and post completed install pics once the the new harness and switch arrive and can be installed. I am looking forward to having onboard air once again.

New air pump relay bracket vs. OEM

r7CsZPr.jpg

taxqnqu.jpg

BG84Bsi.jpg

Relocated ground wire to firewall stud.

0XBlL0E.jpg

Compressor bracket installed with manifold/bracket mounted.

lObUzJa.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
In the end I had to modify the outermost fuse box hinge in order for the filter housing to clear and the hose required slipping of the ends in order to get the proper angles for fitment within the provided space without kinking the hose (ask me how I know lol). Of the four different vehicles this compressor has lived in this one was by far the most involved in way of install and extra modifications needed in order for it to work. The CH4x4 switch should be here today and I will hopefully have it all buttoned up and be able to do a leak down test this evening.

lTNOUiP.jpg

e6kzlHy.jpg

V2VmBsv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles