Tex's 200 Series

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Not bad for $13, thanks to those who suggested it, I love it.

D3nl3HS.jpg

gIyxg1p.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had a pair of these made for the LC key fobs, $20 shipped for the pair from "China" in under 10 days. Not a fan of sending my money over there but the seller made them at my request so I've gotta take the wins when and where I can lol. The color is similar to the Terra interior which momma requested over the typical black leather covers.

HdgT6Qi.jpg

VDKQTPQ.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A big shout out to @Brendan for working a deal with me to get a new hatch light in trade for the grey one we had installed in the LX a few years back. Just as useful and OEM looking as the last one and now in black plastic to match the LC interior. Such a simple mod but I absolutely love it.

VrqrmtJ.jpg

oLSYP5O.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
275/70/18 BFG KO2's went on this morning. Stock suspension, all mud flaps and plastic still intact and zero rubbing full lock to full lock on flat ground. I have yet to test step inclines/angles but I am happy knowing that nothing is needed to keep them clear for regular daily driving. Maybe it's the many years of driving on load range E tires, but I think that it handles and rides better now. The truck feels like it has a better base and the hard edge hits are only slightly more noticeable. They aren't much louder than the stock rubber at highway speeds IMHO but I am sure that will change as they wear/age. They look like just enough tire for a stock 200 without looking stuffed or in need of a lift, even though I am highly considering one now lol. Momma is very happy with the look and feels it should have come that way from the factory, I agree.

P9bCe2o.jpg

8Huh70O.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Rear Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers are on, the stance is so much better looking IMHO. I am still waiting on the second set to arrive for the fronts, not sure why the shipment go split up but when it comes to USPS I am never surprised lol. I removed the small front/front mud flaps in anticipation of the tire rubbing on them once the wheel spacers are installed, I guess I'll have to wait and see if there's contact anywhere else once they go on.

He5JbIP.jpg

DfIN6jw.jpg

Before

FXHIocL.jpg

After

UzzLNHN.jpg

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Congratulations Tex. This is a car one can pass down to his grandson.
I'll be checking up this thread often.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. How different is the TLC from the LX570? is the LX570 just as capable?
They are somewhat cheaper than LCs around here...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Congratulations Tex. This is a car one can pass down to his grandson.
I'll be checking up this thread often.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. How different is the TLC from the LX570? is the LX570 just as capable?
They are somewhat cheaper than LCs around here...

Most notable differences are AHC (LX) vs. KDSS (LC), they both have their merits. The LX has more sound deadening material and double pane glass which makes for a quieter cabin but the LC is no slouch in this department either. The LC has a touch screen Nav where the LX uses the silly Lexus joystick system which I loathe. The LC lacks the second row ventilated seats and the leather is slightly nicer in the LX as well. Aesthetic differences are obvious and I much prefer that of the LC. There are more differences when you go back to pre-2018. There are double to triple the amount of LX's sold to every one LC so the used market reflects this not to mention the "subsidized" leases on the LX moves a lot of them.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I decided to put the 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers on again today now that Snowmageddon is over lol. I proceeded to break my digital torque wrench on the very last lug nut too, what a ************ deal. I have a slight rub both at the front and the rear of the front wheel well, very similar to what @FerrisBueller posted but I don't have any contact on the KDSS arm. It's only present under hard turns with substantial body roll and when the suspension is cycling coming into an incline like the driveway. Under normal, flat driving conditions it's fine and rub free. I'll look to @TeCKis300 build thread for solutions.

I ran Spidertrax spacers on one of our 5th Gen 4Runners for a while and I appreciate some of the benefits of the wider track and I certainly enjoy the improved stance and look, but I am not sure I enjoy the way it handles and feels. I need more seat time to decide whether or not they will stick around for the long haul. Now I have to add a new 3/8" digital torque wrench to the list of broken tools needing replacement and I was already down a Kestrel AB unit from earlier in the week, it's been an expensive week for total cost of tool failures.

YMIe7iV.jpg

wPreN2p.jpg

lquNgii.jpg

SnC2y1W.jpg

QfJo5ck.jpg

P4HNqrx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94