Tex's 200 Series

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
@Todd n Natalie Still waiting on a headlight, ECU, exhaust and a few other bits and she'll be BDR ready for the fall.

Zr5sKsB.jpg

QxCNIb4.jpg

HZCiBBk.jpg

PK28w3g.jpg
Nice! So out of curiosity did you ever cross shop the KTM 1290 Super Adventure to the GS?
No interest in the Super Adventure?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice! So out of curiosity did you ever cross shop the KTM 1290 Super Adventure to the GS?
No interest in the Super Adventure?

I considered a 1290 SAR but it's not my cup of tea. I have a buddy with one, just isn't what I am after, I'd grab another 890 ADV R before the 1290. The 500 is solely for BDR's and dual sport rides, nothing more. There will be another big bike coming to the fold next. I'm just now starting to put some miles on the Honda Trail as well.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I considered a 1290 SAR but it's not my cup of tea. I have a buddy with one, just isn't what I am after, I'd grab another 890 ADV R before the 1290. The 500 is solely for BDR's and dual sport rides, nothing more. There will be another big bike coming to the fold next. I'm just now starting to put some miles on the Honda Trail as well.
The 890's are nice. I looked at them but, as a new rider it wouldn't have been a good idea for me...
I thought the 650 was pushing it. That Honda Trail is a pretty neat bike! Gotta post some pics of it being put to use.

Tex68w

Beach Bum

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Still trying to come to terms with the new front end. They've been giving us the monocle headlight setup for so long that I've come to accept it as the norm and now they come out with a more universal looking headlight and it's throwing me off lol.
The X headlight will be the new normal... the monocle will start to look dated.
So if you went with a 1250 GS you'd probably want to upgrade in in a year or so....
Looks like a lot of pros with the 1300 GS....

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The X headlight will be the new normal... the monocle will start to look dated.
So if you went with a 1250 GS you'd probably want to upgrade in in a year or so....
Looks like a lot of pros with the 1300 GS....

Agreed, I already plan to pick one up in MY 2025.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
So do you have and ADV bike now? Do you not post about it here?

300 and 500 only at the moment. I sold the 890 ADV R last year. I used to post here but that particular sub-forum is dead at best so I don't bother anymore. I am getting that way with most of my forums in general, this forum in particular is a hollow shell of its former self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94