Tex's '18 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro build

Lucky3

I had Icons on both of my FJC's and on one of my Super Duties, I'll never use them again, leaky junk. I've run Fox coil overs on lots of vehicles and they perform well but they aren't quite up to King levels. I am most likely going to go with King's but I have to cross shop for my own sanity and who knows, sometimes you learn something you didn't know.

Nice to hear in regards to your wife's 4Runner and the PW, we miss our PW from time to time. I'd love to see some pics of your 4Runner build. In regards to PINS, I have a group going the first weekend in November, if you're interested in joining us be sure to drop me a PM and we can link up. Whereabouts are you located?

We live in Garden Ridge, just North of San Antonio. Her 4runner is pretty much stock apart from the suspension and a bajarack flat utility rack. I'll have to check and see if I can tag along with you guys on that trip.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Tex68w

Beach Bum
We live in Garden Ridge, just North of San Antonio. Her 4runner is pretty much stock apart from the suspension and a bajarack flat utility rack. I'll have to check and see if I can tag along with you guys on that trip.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

We will be hitting the beach late Friday afternoon the 1st of November. You can meet us down on the island to fill up before hitting the beach or you can come through Victoria and rendezvous there earlier that afternoon and follow us down. Shoot me a PM as it draws closer and we can iron out the details. I took the PW and FWC down there last year and it was a champ. I'll either be in the 4Runner or riding shotgun with my buddy in his diesel HiAce if he has it all put together and ready to go by then.

KTempleton

Observer
We will be hitting the beach late Friday afternoon the 1st of November. You can meet us down on the island to fill up before hitting the beach or you can come through Victoria and rendezvous there earlier that afternoon and follow us down. Shoot me a PM as it draws closer and we can iron out the details. I took the PW and FWC down there last year and it was a champ. I'll either be in the 4Runner or riding shotgun with my buddy in his diesel HiAce if he has it all put together and ready to go by then.

The first weekend of November is one of the weekends on our list to run PIN's as well.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The beach was wide and smooth in Matagorda yesterday.

5U8Cpkc.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Waiting on the proper lug nuts to be able to mount one up and see if there is any rubbing with the current setup. If I need UCA's in order to get a proper alignment or if I am in need of a BMC to clear them then I will likely wait to install them until I have the new lift installed later this fall. I like what I see so far, the Gunmetal helps to break up all of the black.

ATzzDHE.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Well momma got her way, the 4Runner is getting traded in on a new GX460 later this week. The good thing is that a lot of the parts I had on the 4Runner and sitting in the garage waiting to be installed will be a direct fit for the GX. We got a great deal on the GX and the trade on the 4Runner equates to about a $1500 loss over the course of ownership, needless to say I can't complain. The plans for the GX are very similar to that of the 4Runner, I ordered a FrontRunner rack earlier this evening and it appears that we will be going with King's for the lift as well. I am still trying to decide on bumpers, but I am leaning towards Ironman Premium for the front, not sure on the rear just yet. It looks like the truck will have to wait another year now but I am excited to start another build and get the best of both worlds in the GX for once (4Runner size and ability and luxury appointments), but that doesn't mean I have to like that stupid rear barn door lol.

So farewell to this build thread and on to the next.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Sad to see this build go. Congrats on the new one, hope it serves you well.

Sadly it has been a long time coming. If budget allowed we would have picked up a new 200 series Land Cruiser instead but I just couldn't stomach the cost of two new 200's. The GX will be a nice middle ground and will provide a little more towing power, comfort, and luxury. Here's a pic of GX that is along the lines of what I have planned.

89Ug0Sx.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles