Texas to Rte 66, Death Valley NP, Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe, Loneliest Road in America, Glacier NP, Canada, Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP

Driving down to Chisos Basin too was the same thing. Long line of people waiting because there were way too many cars down in the Basin. So, it was one car out, one car in. We stood in line for like 30 minutes before being allowed to drive down into the Basin. Beautiful drive as usual. I will try to post this video when I can.
Long line at the entrance
Jp8bTEQ.jpg

Mountains at the start of the trail heading down to the Basin.
d6ro5Pd.jpg

A pic from Chisos Basin restaurant showing how crowded it was down there today.
XtWx27Y.jpg

Boquillas Canyon Overlook.
Here is another part of the National Park where you find these souvenirs for sale. Buying any of these is all based on the honor system. You take what you want and drop the money there. Sadly, if a bad person takes something and does not pay, there is nothing the sellers can do about it. You basically just steal it and walk away, which is not a good thing to do because the people across the border in the town of Boquillas basically depend on the tourists visiting Big Bend NP for most of their income. That is why visiting Boquillas is kind of expensive.
szwAGvt.jpg

iCHwqg3.jpg

Dx1cJND.jpg

90E6gYq.jpg

Doing a very spontaneous road trip to go see Fall colors, visit some family friends and just for a getaway. Leaving tonight at 8pm after 12 hours of work for a 16 hours drive throughout the night to get to my first stop, which is Savannah, GA.

Here is a map of my 11 days road trip.

oqg6hMi.jpg

1) Wed Oct 26: Sleep Savannah

2) Thurs Oct 27: Sleep Charleston

3) Fri Oct 28: Sleep Myrtle Beach

4) Sat Oct 29: Sleep Dillon

5) Sun Oct 30: Sleep Pigeon Forge

6) Mon Oct 31: Sleep Pigeon Forge

7) Tues Nov 1: Sleep Pigeon Forge

8) Wed Nov 2: Sleep Pigeon Forge

9) Thurs Nov 3: Sleep Meridian, AL

10) Fri Nov 4: Sleep HOME

I will be sharing pics of my trip as I go along.

My odometer at start of my trip.
xmfxauA.jpg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Doing a very spontaneous road trip to go see Fall colors, visit some family friends and just for a getaway. Leaving tonight at 8pm after 12 hours of work for a 16 hours drive throughout the night to get to my first stop, which is Savannah, GA.

Here is a map of my 11 days road trip.

oqg6hMi.jpg

1) Wed Oct 26: Sleep Savannah

2) Thurs Oct 27: Sleep Charleston

3) Fri Oct 28: Sleep Myrtle Beach

4) Sat Oct 29: Sleep Dillon

5) Sun Oct 30: Sleep Pigeon Forge

6) Mon Oct 31: Sleep Pigeon Forge

7) Tues Nov 1: Sleep Pigeon Forge

8) Wed Nov 2: Sleep Pigeon Forge

9) Thurs Nov 3: Sleep Meridian, AL

10) Fri Nov 4: Sleep HOME

I will be sharing pics of my trip as I go along.
Looks like a fun route. But long drive after a 12 work day. Drive safe!

Random pictures to keep me awake on this tiring 15 hours straight drive through the night.

30 minutes standstill traffic at midnight on I-10. The number of 18 wheelers driving at night on this highway is a lot!
GtrMQK7.jpg

1:30am. I zoomed passed this and realized it was towing the Ghostbusters car. Lol, I just let off the gas pedal and my car coasted until this truck passed me up and I took some pictures before leaving it behind.
nxWqwOP.jpg

kMQzhm8.jpg

3:00am restroom break and gas top off. 5 minutes of exercise and back on the road. Very tired but making good time.
xIxubuC.jpg

Driving through the tunnel in Mobile, AL.
sxmsRWL.jpg

My tiredness got the best of me and I pulled over at the next rest stop and I immediately fell asleep like all the other people already asleep in their cars parked next to mine. Woke up 90 minutes later and freshened up and got back on the road. This 16 hours drive is not over yet.
Got caught in a sudden torrential downpour of rain. Florida with its showers. 2.5 hours left to get to my final destination of the day.
xXDE1Ol.jpg

Last edited:
Went out and did a lot today around Savannah. Here are some of the pictures I took that I e joy looking at. Some are random pics.
The Fountain at Forsyth Park
PjFWKu9.jpg

B3VuG1E.jpg

And if you ever wondered how the Fountain looks from above, I took some aerial shots.
sUsoZJy.jpg

z6Cp4NG.jpg

Next was the Cathedral Basilica of St. John the Baptist
zGobLMl.jpg

And how it looks from above.
sR13bpw.jpg

And next to the church was this beautiful Fountain.
R4GEIQN.jpg

Next I went to see The Olde Pink House
meteIUl.jpg

Angel Oak. 300 to 400 years old oak tree in the Charleston, SC area.
ccTKQ37.jpg

4fExJxY.jpg

And a collection of random pictures I have taken so far that I wanted to share.
A stop at the Toyota dealership to look at this 2023 40th Edition Toyota 4Runner
2o6AUjW.jpg

Random cars I saw that peeked my interest and I took pics. Very interesting how they have their cars decorated
mJHF9Z9.jpg

vJVjldA.jpg

Yz96YGF.jpg

2 gentlmen enjoying their custom buggies and allowing people to pose with it if you wanted pictures of yourself with any of the buggies
yzWhcNd.jpg

My car by a mural in Charleston, SC
Kidvoic.jpg

Historic stairs at the Cotton Exchage at the River Walk in Savannah, GA.
xDeG8oQ.jpg
knDS9t5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94