Texas to Rte 66, Death Valley NP, Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe, Loneliest Road in America, Glacier NP, Canada, Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP

I was wondering if @PetitFrereArmada took a summer trip and login here to find a new trip report. So glad you took a trip out.

If timing is right, we might crosspath in many area. I took a solo trip before end of July and come back Mid Aug. I did visit Teton, Yellowstone and also in Ouray / Moab area running trail.
Did you do a trip report? Please, share the link so I can look at your pictures amd read about your trip.

This summer, I have been lucky to do 3 road trips and did a trip report for each. Each of them have been about 20 days long. The fact that I used my new Hybrid made it possible to be able to do the 3 road trips since gas was cheap with my Hybrid.

I was in your neck of the woods on the East Coast, but I just failed to notify you before I got there.

Oh well, I know we each have many more adventures planned ahead. So, I know even though the first time we met you and wife and with kids was in Banff Natiomal Park in Canada, I am sure we will still meet again someday soon on the road.

If you ever come down to Texas, please, let me know. I owe you a ribeye steak!

molanginaeda

Observer
Did you do a trip report? Please, share the link so I can look at your pictures amd read about your trip.

This summer, I have been lucky to do 3 road trips and did a trip report for each. Each of them have been about 20 days long. The fact that I used my new Hybrid made it possible to be able to do the 3 road trips since gas was cheap with my Hybrid.

I was in your neck of the woods on the East Coast, but I just failed to notify you before I got there.

Oh well, I know we each have many more adventures planned ahead. So, I know even though the first time we met you and wife and with kids was in Banff Natiomal Park in Canada, I am sure we will still meet again someday soon on the road.

If you ever come down to Texas, please, let me know. I owe you a ribeye steak!

I only do some write up after the trip. It's posted on social media, facebook. https://www.facebook.com/campwithchin. (shameless self advertise)

I was down in Texas visiting Big Bend NP. Didn't drive through houston, but I did have some great BBQ at Round Rock, TX. I went to Salt Lick before hop onto I-10 to Fort Stockton. Love Texas and I would return for more exploration.

Last edited:
On a short impromptu 11 days road trip and decided to just add the trip to this one.

Places to visit;
- The largest truck stop in the US
- Mall of America
- Canada
- Mt Rushmore
- Home

I will also include pictures of stateline "Welcome To..." signs from states that I visit with ny Accord. I will not repeat signs of pictures that I already have with my Accord. I will just add new ones I visit.

By the time this road trip is done, I will say within the last 6 months, I have taken about 4 road trips now and by the end of this one, my 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid would have been through over 40 US States so far. I have put a total of over 40,000 in just over a year of owning this brand new car.

Welcome to...
Iowa
qgTsDpN.jpg

Minnesota
miZoUxM.jpg

North Dakota
IL1nr15.jpg

Province of Manitoba, Canada
GVb9ZyI.jpg

South Dakota
P7EaH8T.jpg

Nebraska

hgZaJao.jpg

Last edited:
The truck stop has a car museum which is FREE and offers some really good looking trucks with some good history to go along with it.

There is a donation box for anybody willing to donate. You will find yourself donating after appreciating all the trucks on display.

Here are a few that I liked.
imIYTLp.jpg

affVm8x.jpg

kwYC2xA.jpg

1GCBsXn.jpg

s5CVq6S.jpg

XNI4XSu.jpg

eW79kzH.jpg

I am in Bloomington, IA. I saw this and wanted my Accord to experience its first "snow". This is at Buck Hill. And I flew ny drone for aerial shots.
bOPpw7U.jpg

jhXsSyI.jpg

hXwFF4U.jpg

Getting to Fargo, ND late this night. Just loved how bright this 18 wheeler truck looks at night.
ykXvEmj.jpg

Last edited:
I am in Canada right now. It is very cold as temperature now is -6. We have been able to visit some places and I got to order a custom case for my drone from a very reputable custom case shop called BIG DEAL Custom Cases. They made a custom Nanuk 925 case for my drone and I liked the results.

They carry a lot of Nanuk cases. I was lucky they had what I wanted. The 925 case and the strap.
W48tUH6.jpg

Here are pictures to share. So, this is the first custom Nanuk 925 case out so far. Nanuk has not released its own yet. I will be curious to see how it compares to mine.

zyfe817.jpg

bcDpmUR.jpg

kNvfMwW.jpg

kTd55Ak.jpg

7ctLiIA.jpg

Mount Rushmore
3mlUVEa.jpg

pEqIE7c.jpg

Sylvan Lake all frozen, you could ice skate at your own risk
QbxKjj7.jpg

Needles Eye, Custer State Park, South Dakota
T9HjZey.jpg

COMDiFN.jpg

Custer State Park
iu7F7b7.jpg

k8Ie2TC.jpg

biuaVlH.jpg

YoSZtfA.jpg

Crazy Horse
XMAzxxL.jpg

a0MndHl.jpg

SXGhBLn.jpg

Skyline Drive in Canon City, Colorado
kwywlDG.jpg

NrzjUPh.jpg

68kmirj.jpg

I always like to summarize my trips in numbers.
LlJdCCe.jpg

Days on trip: 11 days
Total mileage driven: 4,864 miles
MPG: 35.6 mpg
Total Cost of gas for this trip: $425.37

billiebob

Awesome thread.... we need a HYPERMILER thread/forum on expedition portal... I love this, so forward thinking.

Congratulations on inspiring some of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles