Texas to Rte 66, Death Valley NP, Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, Lake Tahoe, Loneliest Road in America, Glacier NP, Canada, Yellowstone NP, Grand Teton NP

What an interesting experience getting into Canada this morning. No wait as I pulled up at 8:15am. A short interview and she said I have to do a covid test here at the border. So, she gave me a blue kit and asked me to go to the covid test center right here. I drove up to it. Sat in car as a Healthcare worker came and walked me through the test. I asked if everybody going through the border has to do the test. She said no. They choose people randomly. So, I did the test and she told me I will get my results in 48 hours. So, I was let go to get into Canada. So, they let me go. I am in Canada right now.
MVkSa16.jpg

NhIH7sr.jpg

They gave me this kit to drive up to the covid testing site. After that, they let me go into Canada.
WjLBRbb.jpg

This is the border crossing I used. Coutts, AB.
XD6g0xH.jpg

I just stopped at Princess Auto and gathered all remaing 5 Gallons Scepter Military Jerry cans they had for sale. Well, whoever needs one here in the US can buy it from me. Since I bought all 4 they had just to sell some to people who may he wanting one but did not have time to go get it in Canada. Well, let me hope they let me take them into the country at the American border.
gBo1SQX.jpg

QeyXLpo.jpg

kOFf0dp.jpg

I left Canada today after spending about 3 hours there. I came back into the US through a different port of entry. Barely anybody uses this port of entry. I got there and the guy was very nice and did not even ask me what I brought back from Canada. Just looked at my passport and asked if that was my car, where I live and what I do for a living. Then he said welcome back. I drove straight to Glacier NP to visit the famous Many Glacier Hotel. Very beautiful. Too bad it cost about $400 a night. So, I cannot afford to stay there.
UrMMT8u.jpg

HWqBUpm.jpg

cWO1ztH.jpg

fmiYkLy.jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Wow this looks like a great trip! You found some awesome little niche places to see. I'm adding a lot of these to my next trip list. Thanks for the write up!

Last Day at Glacier NP. Since I did not have a reservation to drive on the Going To The Sun Road, I had to get into the park before 6am.I got there at 5:30am and was surprised there were so many people driving in also. The views in the morning is spectacular. If you ever go to Glacier NP, I strongly recommend making a day to visit the park at sunrise. I enjoyed my drive and stops along the GTTSR this morning.
UToJDUs.jpg

iBua0dy.jpg

IcvKLqE.jpg

Parking lot at the tip of the road at Logan Pass al.ost full at 7am.
gXAc8ks.jpg

The West Entrance to the park is the most scenic and the scariest to drive up to the top of the road. If you ever have a choice of choosing where to stay and what way to use to get into the park, I recommend getting into the park through the West side. The climb up is breathtaking and it can literally take your life away if you make a mistake and your car falls down the cliff. The road is very narrow. Speed limit is 25mph. Just look at these people coming up while I was going down. I was glad I was going down. Not as scary.
Look at the headlights of all those cars coming up the hill.
AtMuxkl.jpg

Jy3ysnE.jpg

aajFYcW.jpg

qFUp63z.jpg

3H5a5Wy.jpg

TRY1Sb6.jpg

I like looking at these red buses at the park. So, I had to take pictures of it.
MaGGcAK.jpg

Random pic I took when I was on the highway today and saw this. I made a uturn to come and take a pic of it.
RIuxyaw.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday was a long and busy day as I did the whole of Yellowstone and a bit of Grand Teton at sunset. Then woke up today and did the whole of Grand Teton NP before leaving Wyoming for Utah.
Yellowstone National Park north entrance
DtrlKgW.jpg

Z9vSr5n.jpg

The Golden Gate
Vzy57vC.jpg

The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
GRrDYHf.jpg

hbESCAN.jpg

gxrBxBD.jpg

Old Faithful was not very active while I was there, but many other geysers were very active.
KTsrx8o.jpg

Steamboat Geyser was active
KlzfNZd.jpg

Porcelain Geyser was active
xSAXwTj.jpg

Your visit to Yellowstone is not complete until you visit the most colorful natural Spring in Yellowstone: Grand Prismatic Spring
NUajvaN.jpg

nsIZ1tf.jpg

And to top it off, this Bison decides to leave its herd and take a stroll all alone in the middle of the highway in Yellowstone. As you would imagine, it caused a crazy amount of traffic jam as everyone wanted to take so many pictures before passing by it. Traffic was horrible during its stroll. As I took my own pictures and continued on my way.
5f093XB.jpg

q62eEfO.jpg

AGBRmOW.jpg

Last edited:
Grand Teton National Park
5lpYLCq.jpg

Sunset at the Grand Tetons. I saw a head spitting out fire when I was taking this pic. I am sure some may see what I saw.
r3kuW1E.jpg

Sunset at the Tetons is a meetup party for those who want a perfect shot and those who just want to enjoy the beauty of nature and the inspiration it brings.
o0ktXWo.jpg

The next morning in Jackson Hole, WY, which was today.
do5QZg5.jpg

G1V3JQB.jpg

Cmy9OtT.jpg

h9KHyqH.jpg

Chapel of the Transfiguration
5mUqXTs.jpg

5ECDf1z.jpg

6GbsBuG.jpg

nE6uwQb.jpg

O0fl2VP.jpg

Jenny Lake
JF6VLIQ.jpg

2wFvFp3.jpg

Here is the For Sale thread... All Jerry Cans have been sold.

Scepter Jerry Cans all sold

On my trip, I went to Canada and decided to buy many Jerry Cans to come and sell some since I know some people like and want these. I wanted to buy 6 or 8, but the store had only 4 and said people were not buying it because of the price. So, I bought all 4 they had in stock. I almost drove one hour further to buy more but changed my mind.

CgSRMu9.jpg

Well, I was lucky to finally sell 4 that I bought way before I got home.

@SendSeeker was so kind to work with me and waited for me quite late at a gas station while I was driving to get as early as possible. I met him and it was a very pleasant meeting topped off by him buying all 4 Jerry Cans! I was grateful for the sale.

Thanks again man.

When next I go to Canada, maybe I will buy 10 of them. Well, that will not be any time any soon. So wishful thinking on my part. Maybe someone else can buy and bring to sell here.

Here they are all loaded in his rig just before we shook hands and parted ways for the night.

Qf7YiWg.jpg

I finally made it home today at 3pm. What a long drive. This is my odometer when I filled my tank up and parked at home.

TLHJXXi.jpg

My trip in numbers;

Days on trip: 20 days
Total mileage driven: 8,681 miles
MPG: 38mpg
Total Cost of gas for this trip: $749.55
Average daily miles driven: 433 miles driven every single day for 20 days! Talk about some serious driving during this trip.
Car trouble: None. No flat tire even though I did some scary offroading in Death Valley National Park.

Last edited:

molanginaeda

Observer
I was wondering if @PetitFrereArmada took a summer trip and login here to find a new trip report. So glad you took a trip out.

If timing is right, we might crosspath in many area. I took a solo trip before end of July and come back Mid Aug. I did visit Teton, Yellowstone and also in Ouray / Moab area running trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles