Texas Hill Country (Feb 18-20, 2011)

Alrighty, everyone, feel free to fill these pages with your stories and photos from the first CO trip of 2011.

Wish I could've been there to enjoy it with y'all. :( Can't wait to hear all about it!

wc

jsmarine

Adventurer
My girlfriend and I enjoyed the trip very much, it was great meeting everyone and putting a name and face to your forum name!

I'm excited to see everyone's pictures here shortly. I didn't take too many pictures myself, but I will get what I did take posted in a bit.

11.jpg

5.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

59.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

26.jpg

28.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

48.jpg

Last edited:
Oh bed. Sweet bed.

Note to self, reconfigure current bedding setup for camping..........

Had a great time guys. Nice to put faces to screen names, my apologies if I am unable to recall everyone's name next time!

Thieu

It was great meeting everyone. Had an awesome time. Made it home to Austin in 1hr 30min, washed the truck, put up all the gear and crashed.

I didn't take many but here are my pictures and a few videos:

Pictures:

41471860.jpg

6fd0649b.jpg

4f19896f.jpg

00391d69.jpg

Click on pictures to view videos (hope it works):

Expedition Leader
The only time I got my camera out was at the big James River crossing; guess I was having too good of a time otherwise. :)

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Slothrop

Explorer
:( so wish i had been able to make this trip. Looks like you all had a lot of fun though..

Yeah, me too. I was staring at the sky all weekend as I drove around with the doors off in February. Better weather wouldn't have been possible. I need a job that doesn't interfere with my play time!

it's so nice here with the rolling hills, ...... and all the deer.

Yeah the Hill Country surely surprised me and the amount of deer was astounding as well. I should have made a tally of the # we saw. JSMarine forgot to NOT brake, we could have had us some venison for dinner that night!

Thieu

iPad? actual GPS or its running on 3G service?

The iPad has GPS, but it's not a 3G. I'm tethering from my iPhone so technically the iPad is on WiFi. It's awesome with reception, but useless otherwise.

Having Google Earth, etc. is pretty cool on the trails.

XJINTX

Explorer
Jared, GREAT pics!!!!!

Had a GR8 time and really nice meeting up with everyone!!!

Looking forward to the next trip!!!!

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
The iPad has GPS, but it's not a 3G. I'm tethering from my iPhone so technically the iPad is on WiFi. It's awesome with reception, but useless otherwise.

Having Google Earth, etc. is pretty cool on the trails.

On the PC version, you can cache up to 2GB of Google Earth images. If you have an idea where you are going, you can scan over the area you will be. When you start up GE and have no internet connection, it will run from desktop or whatever GE call that. It's a last ditch effort I use if everything else electronic fails. Then it's over to paper maps.

fingas

Observer
On the PC version, you can cache up to 2GB of Google Earth images. If you have an idea where you are going, you can scan over the area you will be. When you start up GE and have no internet connection, it will run from desktop or whatever GE call that. It's a last ditch effort I use if everything else electronic fails. Then it's over to paper maps.

Jared,

If you get a chance could you PM me the specifics of your tablet PC? I want to start hunting one down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz