TetonX Hybrid

I wanted to update for anyone else on the list for a TetonX

We got the call to start our build but we are in the middle of moving cross country and I asked if we could be delayed to the next round of builds later this year. No problem. I then received 2 emails. One from Ricky(who has been on the build team from the beginning) and one from Corey(new/running things?) both saying there were new updates coming down the road and no problem to delay our build. So now I'm curious about the new features and am waiting to hear when the next round of builds will begin.

I'm still back and forth about this trailer or a Patriot, but looking forward to seeing what TetonX is working on for the future

I wanted to update for anyone else on the list for a TetonX

We got the call to start our build but we are in the middle of moving cross country and I asked if we could be delayed to the next round of builds later this year. No problem. I then received 2 emails. One from Ricky(who has been on the build team from the beginning) and one from Corey(new/running things?) both saying there were new updates coming down the road and no problem to delay our build. So now I'm curious about the new features and am waiting to hear when the next round of builds will begin.

I'm still back and forth about this trailer or a Patriot, but looking forward to seeing what TetonX is working on for the future

Go Patriot or Overkill.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
From what I saw there recently, the “updates” to the TetonX seemed small and mostly about improving margins for the new owners. Just my observation from a recent visit and discussion with the new owners.
I can’t speak to the new Overkill owners, but I knew the previous ones. Nice guys who had no idea how to run a successful business. Interesting designs for sure!

rob303

I received an email stating it’s my turn for a December 2023 delivery. I got on the waitlist only in late September 2022. New information: an additional $3000 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to “secure [my] build spot” and a base price of $44,799!!! There’s still the half down required once build spec is confirmed, so not sure what the additional $3k is all about. Some sort of quasi capital call? I know some people got off the waitlist after Lindsay & Kyle left and I wonder if many more have left with the news of an almost 45% base price increase? I know I’m definitely out now. Everything seems off with the company now and it’s not a group with whom I feel comfortable doing business.

arinh

Yeah I’m in the same cohort. I really want the TetonX but it feels so overpriced and irresponsible with this new pricing. If they included more in base besides 50ah to 100ah battery, built in inverter, and 270 awning I could try to justify but they didn’t. Just not worth 14k more.

I really liked TetonX for its size being smaller to fit in my garage and tight trails but not worth the premium over Arkto as the TetonX base model doesn’t include hot water, plumbed water, shower enclosure, or the kitchen setup.

Looking at canceling on Monday. I guess I’ll be looking into Arkto now or scouring used market.

Zaoverandunder

I would check out the one that is for sale, built by the original owners, it's a 2023 model and basically brand new. We absolutely love our 2022 model, the build quality and attention to detail is really unmatched.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

rob303

I would check out the one that is for sale, built by the original owners, it's a 2023 model and basically brand new. We absolutely love our 2022 model, the build quality and attention to detail is really unmatched.

Are you referring to the one Lindsay is selling?

rob303

Yeah I’m in the same cohort. I really want the TetonX but it feels so overpriced and irresponsible with this new pricing. If they included more in base besides 50ah to 100ah battery, built in inverter, and 270 awning I could try to justify but they didn’t. Just not worth 14k more.

I really liked TetonX for its size being smaller to fit in my garage and tight trails but not worth the premium over Arkto as the TetonX base model doesn’t include hot water, plumbed water, shower enclosure, or the kitchen setup.

Looking at canceling on Monday. I guess I’ll be looking into Arkto now or scouring used market.
I bought a 2020 used last fall. It’s amazing. I’d love the added room and better bunk design of the new design but not at the incredible premium it would require.

arinh

Yeah I saw that but it is listed at 67k. That’s absurd in my opinion. While I know the quality is exceptional it’s just not a price I’m willing to pay.

If the water system and storage, kitchen, and heating were in base it’d make a lot more sense to me.

Last edited:

hscoots

I am glad I got out when I did, this price increase is outrageous. I would rather get Arkto trailer for less if I were in market for a hybrid/popup camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior