TetonX Hybrid

I have spoken to them several times and always recieved an answer to my questions in a timely manner hopefully the builds will start to roll out

rob303

I got a call from them last week to check in. I think that was damage control. I’ve also gotten a couple emails from Ricky Symington who I believe to be a new owner. He claims Kyle and Lindsay are still there but rolling back their duties for a full break away. Idk, I’m not freaking out about my deposit at this moment but if I didn’t have a gen 1 already I would definitely be serious about changing my plans. At this point, I don’t really see myself taking delivery of a new one if my name ever comes up. Already the 24 month lead time was borderline unacceptable. Now it sounds like that’s being extended. By the time I get in queue, my family will likely have completely different camper needs.

Might’ve been mentioned already, but the Arkto camper is shockingly similar to the TetonX. It lacks in a 4-person sleep floor plan, so if that’s not important it’s a total winner.

Yeah Arkto is too heavy for Jeep JL - really hard to find an offroad camper of less than 3500 GVWR loaded with something like the teton. Only option I can find now similar is the Wombat.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Yeah Arkto is too heavy for Jeep JL - really hard to find an offroad camper of less than 3500 GVWR loaded with something like the teton. Only option I can find now similar is the Wombat.

My guess is the final production units of the wombat will exceed the gcwr on your Jeep. They say 2,600 pounds w/o options. 45 gallon fresh and 25 gray. They will have to up that gwr to 4k. It's I damn cool trailer but with all that wood and options it will likely be 3,000 lbs dry. It's just plan physics

My guess is the final production units of the wombat will exceed the gcwr on your Jeep. They say 2,600 pounds w/o options. 45 gallon fresh and 25 gray. They will have to up that gwr to 4k. It's I damn cool trailer but with all that wood and options it will likely be 3,000 lbs dry. It's just plan physics

We shall see they claim right @ 3500 lbs is one config loaded.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
3500 is really difficult its just enough to get into heavier trailers but not enough to have a heavy small trailer. I was always looking for something that fell comfortably in that range never had much luck. Definitely an interesting space to build something if you can pull it off.

Now my TV is 9200lb max and I’m excited about the stupid Winnebago Hike 100 1316SB?‍♂️. It’s perfect for my family needs and our trips we do. After looking at one I was pleasantly surprised by the mild effort at getting some ok quality materials and components into it. Prices need to be mid 20’s tho.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

We shall see they claim right @ 3500 lbs is one config loaded.

I am suspect do to steel chassis, wood, cruise master suspension, thick insulated walls and fairly large storage tanks. I know you can never trust specs listed on companies website s but it even says 3,500- 3,700 gwr.

Assuming you have added options to your jeep like all jeep owners do 3 700 on trailer is likely 300÷ pounds over your gcvwr

Hi, new to this forum, but wanted to add our experience so far with TetonX. We put down a deposit in July '21. Told 28 months but last spring Lindsey said probably 24 months, which is this July to start our build. I got the damage control call that gave almost no real info about why/etc. My place is line is still for July '23 build date. We haven't pulled our deposit but are now thinking about a Patriot X1H. I wanted the hard sides but the Patriot would be easier to tow and the kid room would give my dogs more room to sleep.

Our goal was ability to store in the garage and the Teton was going to require some kind of adjustment or garage base to get it in, but the weight was perfect for our 4Runner.

Our concern is service down the road. I don't mind change when it's explained why and what purpose. So this call out of nowhere was concerning.

we had intended to go down there to do our build sheet when our original build date was coming up but then it got moved out another 6 months. Not sure the calendar will line up for a trip out there before the build. We have an opportunity to get the Patriot before the TetonX, so lots to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles