TetonX Hybrid

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
I did have this picture of the window. See the red circle for the leak location. Again, in that much rain, any fabric will leak at the seams unless it is welded or seam sealed really well. I'm sure it's something I can seal up! There are two windows in the walls from Arctic Tern if you are concerned about the fabric windows. Their products are fantastic. Those side windows and the door are made by Arctic Tern and I'm absolutely impressed with the designs.teton window.jpg

DirtElk

I did have this picture of the window. See the red circle for the leak location. Again, in that much rain, any fabric will leak at the seams unless it is welded or seam sealed really well. I'm sure it's something I can seal up! There are two windows in the walls from Arctic Tern if you are concerned about the fabric windows. Their products are fantastic. Those side windows and the door are made by Arctic Tern and I'm absolutely impressed with the designs.View attachment 742609

Thanks. Makes sense with the picture. I'll be curious to see if seam seal helps. Almost wonder if some type of corner "storm flap" existed between the glass layer and bug netting would direct the water towards the center of the window and work its way out the exterior side.

They are nice windows and door, and I liked the Tern doors when using Boreas. I like the light and extra airflow of the pop top windows and would likely have the roof down during heavy stuff. I have crawled through the gen 2 trailer at their shop and Lindsay and I had talked a little bit about rain and potential for ingress, but I had not seen much in the way of customer experience. I'll be going through S. UT again in the coming months and will likely visit them again.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Thanks. Makes sense with the picture. I'll be curious to see if seam seal helps. Almost wonder if some type of corner "storm flap" existed between the glass layer and bug netting would direct the water towards the center of the window and work its way out the exterior side.

They are nice windows and door, and I liked the Tern doors when using Boreas. I like the light and extra airflow of the pop top windows and would likely have the roof down during heavy stuff. I have crawled through the gen 2 trailer at their shop and Lindsay and I had talked a little bit about rain and potential for ingress, but I had not seen much in the way of customer experience. I'll be going through S. UT again in the coming months and will likely visit them again.

Right on, it's a great setup and you won't be disappointed. I'll do some seam sealing but yeah, for rough weather I close everything down and pack it up anyway. I've learned my lessons in high wind and major rain. Easier to take 5 minutes and close up shop than try and clean up/fix the damage after. There's a lot of room inside with the top down. My son and I hung out for hours in there with the side windows open and the top down. Just watched a movie until the weather let up! Feel free to reach out for any additional questions.

rob303

Just picked up a 2020 TetonX Hybrid yesterday. After much research, we decided there was no other option out there that combined compact size and could sleep 4 w/o requiring a RTT. We are on the new build list but the whole point of this RV is to capture the fleeting moments with our kids. 24 months is a long time when put into that perspective. I honestly gave up on the idea of owning a camper for the time. I figured we'd just pay through the nose and rent Sprinters or Class C units for now. Then my amazing wife saw this 2020 unit post to the FB TetonX group and it was only 30 minutes away! By that evening we had a deal and a few days later its now ours! Stoked to finally share here our technical and adventure experiences as we dig in.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Just an update on my Teton travels! I’ve been traveling the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route for the past week with a buddy in his 4Runner. We were on our way through section 5 when a mechanical issue with my Tacoma forced us to spend a couple days in Flagstaff. Tomorrow we will resume the AZBDR and head to the Utah border. The plan was to then run the Utah BDR for a week but we lost a few days and traveling a motorcycle route with a trailer is slower than expected. I hope to at least get to Moab where we can take I-70 home in a week or so. Having the trailer to camp (solo with no family) has been great! The trailer has held up well so far despite quite of bit of rough trail. My truck on the other hand has struggled! ?. I’ll update some more later down the road.

EPO

Where is the propane tank located that attaches to the stove on the Hybrid? Is that coming from the propane tank on the tongue? It's my understanding that they can't mount a propane tank to the rear of the camper anymore.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Where is the propane tank located that attaches to the stove on the Hybrid? Is that coming from the propane tank on the tongue? It's my understanding that they can't mount a propane tank to the rear of the camper anymore.

mine is on the back panel. They can’t do it legally, but you can mount it where you want as long as you don’t live in Cali.

I just placed an order for the Teton X - they said things have sped up (2 new outside investors, more staff) and expect to have my unit ready by EOY.

rehammer81

Congratulations! I hadn't looked at them again since they first came out. I just found out about the recent updates and am possibly interested in them again. Pretty nice and compact setup and the new composite construction and air suspension are very appealing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

For what a Jeep JL can pull (3500 GVWR / 350lb tongue weight) which isn't much it has an incredible package vs price. Only thing missing is interior shower/toilet which the new Wombat does have at the jeep pullable weight but at a higher pricetag - http://wombatcamper.com/

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Just picked up a 2020 TetonX Hybrid yesterday. After much research, we decided there was no other option out there that combined compact size and could sleep 4 w/o requiring a RTT. We are on the new build list but the whole point of this RV is to capture the fleeting moments with our kids. 24 months is a long time when put into that perspective. I honestly gave up on the idea of owning a camper for the time. I figured we'd just pay through the nose and rent Sprinters or Class C units for now. Then my amazing wife saw this 2020 unit post to the FB TetonX group and it was only 30 minutes away! By that evening we had a deal and a few days later its now ours! Stoked to finally share here our technical and adventure experiences as we dig in.

Curious about your kid bunk layout and how it’s working? I think its too small for us if the box was 16-18ft I think it would be a instant win for us.

rob303

Curious about your kid bunk layout and how it’s working? I think its too small for us if the box was 16-18ft I think it would be a instant win for us.
We’re about 2 months out still from our first trip. But it seems to be fine from the driveway test. The bunk on the new units seem excellent. Hopefully we get a change to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles