TetonX Hybrid

Farpolemiddle

I would probably buy a Teton X if it wasn't for the wait. I could handle 6 to 9 month but anything over a year, let alone two years and I am missing out on too much time I would be using it.

EPO

Has anyone had an issue with the "canvas" leaking? Looking seriously at this camper. Thanks.

serpnt

Has anyone had an issue with the "canvas" leaking? Looking seriously at this camper. Thanks.

We’ve had our gen1 since Thanksgiving of ‘19. Probably 8-10 days/nights of rain and never had a leak. The condensation will happen if there isn’t enough ventilation. I normally open the roof vent and a side window a bit. The gen2 should have more insulation value (composite material) on the body and with an insulation package for the pop up, condensation will be minimized.

EPO

We’ve had our gen1 since Thanksgiving of ‘19. Probably 8-10 days/nights of rain and never had a leak. The condensation will happen if there isn’t enough ventilation. I normally open the roof vent and a side window a bit. The gen2 should have more insulation value (composite material) on the body and with an insulation package for the pop up, condensation will be minimized.
Great to hear, thx. I do a lot of tent camping and know how to control condensation well so this is even better news. Have you been able to keep the trailer warm during the cold? I'm sure it's far better than a tent in that regard!

EPO

It doesn't look there is charging such as USB and 12v near the head of the bed; anyone know differently? It would be nice to have that option.

EPO

With the east/west queen and the bed not put up, is there room for two to sit inside on the bench/es?

Putting my comments separately, perhaps able to be seen and addressed.

DirtElk

It doesn't look there is charging such as USB and 12v near the head of the bed; anyone know differently? It would be nice to have that option.

Not currently, but just visited a couple of weeks ago and was told there will be a 12v outlet added at the rear of the cabin.

With the east/west queen and the bed not put up, is there room for two to sit inside on the bench/es?

Putting my comments separately, perhaps able to be seen and addressed.

Without using the bed as a sitting area, I think the only way to make this happen would be to extend the bench across the "modular" storage section at the driver front.
1652822888097.png

They have been very responsive to all of my inquiries and making time for a visit as I was passing through for work.

serpnt

Great to hear, thx. I do a lot of tent camping and know how to control condensation well so this is even better news. Have you been able to keep the trailer warm during the cold? I'm sure it's far better than a tent in that regard!
We have a Dometic furnace and set it as low as possible. It keeps the interior about 45-50F at that setting. It also circulates the warm return air across the water tank to keep it from freezing. We’ve been it temps as low as 15F with no issues.

Wendell-R

I had ours built with USB accessible on each side. It came with 1 double USB and 1 12v CLA. I did swap both the USB outlets and the 12v CLA for Blue Sea Systems models which support higher current than it came with to charge the tablets. That gives me 4 USB ports per side. Turned out to never need the 12v CLA. I think I had to ask for this as it wasn't on the option list back then. In any case, they'll certainly be able to do it.
IMG_1738.jpg
If you do the bed East/West, they might need to be mounted higher.

hscoots

I hear you. I am on a12 mo build and it's driving me crazy. Two years would be insane unless one has a rig to camp in.
I put down deposit a year ago, back then it was 16-18 months wait. Now it looks like another year at the least. I will probably get my deposit back soon as I find sth in the intermediate, but so far haven't found anything out in the market either.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I put down deposit a year ago, back then it was 16-18 months wait. Now it looks like another year at the least. I will probably get my deposit back soon as I find sth in the intermediate, but so far haven't found anything out in the market either.

Just to be clear my trailer is a different brand as I needed a hardsided stand up. I am a huge fan of the Teton x. I like to help folks find trailers so I stay involved in FB and this forum. I don't blame you as that is a brutal wait. I sold my old trailer 18 mo ago so I could never wait that long. Keep in mind if you cancel you would not get a new trailer until next year.

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Ours is due any day now, we have been waiting over 18 months (originally told 14 months back then). We have been using a RTT in the meantime and we are very excited to finally have our trailer. Unfortunately, there just isn’t anything else out there that met our needs. I did look at a couple of competitor options and none came close to the quality and ergonomics IMHO. I’ll drop some pics here once we pick ours up and begin touring for the remainder of the summer.

Zaoverandunder

We had them add USB on the back wall, we sleep East/West. It's absolutely an option.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles